el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
hey guys,
i was just wondering how much this is going to help my bikes performance when i get it all done. i am putting new valves, ceets, and springs on, a new cam shaft and timing chain, and rings. i hope it helps my poor ol' bike alot. thanks

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
My guess is that if all that stuff was worn it will make a big difference. Is it a stock cam? I also image that it will just run smoother even if there is no gain in perfomance.

quadrunner

Jul 20, 2001
I have all those mods, exhaust, porting, 2mm overbore with Wiseco 10.5:1, (375cc) White Bros cam, new timing chain, air box top cut off and lid removed, new valves, clutch, jetting.

This bike runs good, about equal, at least within a whisker of an XR400, but has a better bottom end.

Spent about $1400-1500 getting it all done. Don't know if the performance was really worth it, but the bike needed a freshening, and I'm still much, much faster on it than my new KTM which has a lot of rough edges for the trail to be worked out.

Last edited:

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
exhaust

i have a thumper racing oversized header and an fmf megamax spark arrestor, the air box has yet to be modified but it would be done so very easliy

weekendtoy

Jun 2, 2001
DR 350 mods

cut the airbox it will make a world of diiference along with a rejet.go to this site www.kientech.com this site has detailed pictures on how to modify the stock air and pictures for jetting as well.I had the "ultimate DR" in my opinoin.mods were Thumper 435 big bore,megacycle cam,ported and polished head,R&D valve springs and titanuim retianers,Vortex airbox and a TM33 pumper carb bored to 35mm.This was on my 98 SE that was stolen.This bike had bucket loads of bottom end trq and pulled through the rpms quickly.The guy who owns Kientech is a DR guru and is loaded to death with info on this bike.He bulit my entire motor along with two other of my buds DR's all set up identical.All three ran like tops.Any tech questions dont hesitate to call the number on the site the guy is a prince.

Top Bottom