steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Ive been testing the Dr.D exhaust for the past few weekends. This is one nice pipe, it fits perfect and is much quieter than the DSP(FMF). It is louder than stock but not louder than a 426 with a stock muffler. The only change to the stock jetting was to richen the fuel screw to 2 out. I used sunoco 94, in all of Doug's testing he used pump fuel. On the track the bottom is a little better, the mid about the same but the top pulls much harder and longer. Throttle response is excellent and it retains the stockers nice mid snappy response. I never felt the stock pipe was better in any part of the powerband over the DR D. All his hard work really shows on how well this system works. Pete and i will dyno it but regardless of the results it passes my track test with flying colors!

RakO

Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by steve125:
[B......On the track the bottom is a little better, the mid about the same but the top pulls much harder and ....

In a magazine they sais that this pipe is low down + middle power .....your opinion is different ?
Does iit work for the WR also or specially worked out for the YZ specs ?
Does Dr.D have a web page ?

RakO

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Rako was that mag MXA? The biggest gain i felt was a harder and longer pull upper mid to top. The powerband feels wider like the rev limiter has been moved up. The pipe makes the power a little snappier and pulls harder to top and that makes the bike more fun than stock! DR.D web is new just a pic but go to www.dubachracing.com

[This message has been edited by steve125 (edited 03-31-2001).]

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
I concur with Steve you will lose a tad off the bottom, it will more than make up for it from mid to top. Now for a awesome scoot use vp mr#2 with a 45 pilot 178 main and needle one clip richer. Just don't try this setup unless you are willing to spend 9 bucks a gallon for the stuff. Yes it works that good. Throttle response and power gains are addicting. But all in all the pipe rocks. Noise wise I wouldn't say louder just throatier.

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
So the MR2 really makes a difference and is worth it? I was thinking about trying it.

------------------
osheen

BRC, AMA life member

'01 YZ250F, '79 KX250, '77 KD100m (first bike), '75 Road Toad, '74 Z50

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
Yeah Osheen it does. I have never been a believer in magic potions for more power....and now I have a thirty gallon drum of the magic elixer in my garage. I would recommend it over a pipe because it works throughout the RPM range. I can't say enough good about it....except it is ten bucks a gallon.

Top Bottom