Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
Ok guys well I had a package waiting on my front door step when I got home from work yesterday... It was a pack from Dr. D. He said he was gonna send me some replacement parts for the stuff he bent on my bike when he rode it at DW. He broke the number plate and a bracket on the front. Well I opened up the box and was amazed at the stuff he sent. He not only sent me the number plate and bracket. But he also sent me a cool Dr. D graphics kit with new shrouds which I thought was very cool of him. But to top it off he sent me a new set of handle bars and a brand new radiator (I had bent mine in a crash earlier in the week) :scream: I did not expect that at all. All I can say now is that Dr. D is the best..... :worship: :worship: :thumb:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Man I knew he was a class act but that's just AWESOME!

:thumb: :thumb: :aj:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Wow, that's great. Next year I'll have to get him to crash my bike!

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
That Rocks! :)

buckeyebilly

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2003
I had the chance to speak to him one on one right before the awards ceremony at Dirtweek. He was about as down to earth as they come and is genuinely interested in helping out the industry. In this era where admiration and kudos are passed out far too much/easily he is one that lives up to it. I hope Dr. D., Coop, and Billy continue to be affiliated with Dirtweek for years to come!!!

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Yes, after flagging both their motos, I had the opp to overhear DrD and Coop talk to each other as they pulled their helmets off and recapped the races. DrD's recounting his crash was just like any of us would have said it, as was Coop's admiration of DrD's cornering abilities. Great guys indeed.

B

biglou

The Dr. is indeed one of the good ones. Coop and Billy, too. :thumb:

Dave-That is cool about the radiator! Got any pics of the graphics?

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Got any pics of the graphics?

Ditto, didnt know he had a graphics kit.

I'm not surprised at what you recieved from Dr. D. I knew he was class act after we got to meet him last year at DW. :thumb:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Elk says if you ask Billy nicely, he'll get you Doug's autograph.

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
Originally posted by Kiwi Bird
Elk says if you ask Billy nicely, he'll get you Doug's autograph.

Already got it on the number plate......

Sorry no pics yets... I will get them on the bike this weekend and take some pics....

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Very cool, Dave.(note jealose tone in typed words) :cool:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Wow that's cool! Can't wait for the pics!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Very Cool indeed!! I never heard the story of how Dr. D ended up riding TXBigguy's bike in the first place?? I know there was a snafu with the local shop proving a bike or something.

Yanno Dave, if someone's gonna break yer schitt, might as well be a pro! :)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
That's Awesome!

That autographed # plate will be something to talk about for years and years!  Chance of a lifetime!!

Top Bottom