skyzo

Apr 1, 2010
Hi, Ive got a 1991 DR350 thats acting up on me. Its been like this for awhile, I just haven't had time to fix it until now. What it is doing, is that when it starts up, it doesnt want to stay running if the RPM's are less than about 3500, and when I take it above 4000, it runs fine, although the exhaust pipe heats up so much that it melted the side plate. There seems to be alot of unburnt gas going into the exhaust, and when it finally ignites, it heats up the exhaust so hot that it glows red.
Once it gets over about 4000 RPMS, it runs fine, and I can take it for very quick rides (1-2 mins), and it has close to if not the same amount of power. But as soon as I let off the throttle it backfires and runs bad. The exahust pipe gets hot no matter what, so there is definetely a problem with unburnt gas going into there.
Tried changing spark plug, putting new gas in, what else can I try? Thanks for you help.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Your pilot jet is most likely plugged. The excessive heat from being too lean. Remove, disassemble and thoroughly clean the carb.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
No problem. This board is very helpful to those who care to listen. ;) Enjoy the ride!

Top Bottom