RM/125

Sep 17, 2007
Can anybody tell me how to fix this without buyin a new case..i took the bolt off to drain the tranny fluid and now i cant get it back in ,the threads are all ****ed up in the case,so can anybody tell me how to fix it????

Eric Meyer

Sep 27, 2005
You can purchase the helicoil kit from either a autoparts store or from Mcmaster Carr. A heilcoil is actually and insert that repairs a stripped out thread. The kit consists of a special tap, the tap drill, inserts and the installation tool for the insert.

It is pretty straight forward.

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
if you can find it, a thing called a timesert is actually a more permanent fix, its basically a solid metal sleeve with threads on the inside and out, you just drill, tap, and then you thread the sleave in with this tool that flares it out at the bottom, dont get me wrong, helicoils are a lifesaver, but for something that is going to be screwed in and out a bunch of times, a timesert is a better solution. but if you have helicoil on the way, then that should do, but if for some reason that helicoil ever fails, just remember timeserts

Top Bottom