Dreaming of trail riding in Michigan

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I just received the recent issue of Great Lakes Trailrider. The best news was the CCC schedule of events for 2002

May 4&5 Rites of Spring - Whiskey Creek
May 18 & 19 - Mio
June 1 & 2 - Carrieville
June 15 & 16 - Mio-Hunt Creek
June 29 & 30 - Wolverine
July 21-27 - Six Days - UP
August 3 & 4 - Gladwin
Spetember 7 & 8 - Atlanta
September 21 & 22 - Frederic
October 5 & 6 - Black Lake

I have already marked my calendar for the Rites of Spring, Wolverine, Atlanta (KTMMike??), Frederic and Black Lake.

Let me know your plans. WE can dream in January!!!

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
F&S, Heck, with the weather we are having Im going this weekend to my camp south of houghton lake. I doubt the have any snow on the ground now.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I will still be dreaming this weekend. My bike is in pieces - new top end, rear brakes and restore power to the lights (just because).

MM Jr.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I sure hope I can make at least one of these events. Unfortunately, the one that is almost literally in my backyard, Atlanta, is when the Traverse City enduro is...oh well. Maybe I can make one of the others?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
KTM Mike, I am more likely to help at an enduro rather than race. My racing days are over. I am planning a trip to the Marquette and you know where the trailer is in Moorestown.
Did you get me email??

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Dreaming?! Ha! :-)

BIL & I were on the Gladwin loop 2 weekends ago; ran the north side. Weather report says 50F and sunny this Sunday. I'm going, not sure who's riding with me though... Absolutely no snow back then; water holes were nice and froze. Didn't see any other bikes - were about a dozen or so mini-jeeps out there though..

The action packed schedule does look fun. I was riding with Steve F this past fall to plan out the Rites of Spring DS routes. Tentatively have 5 loops setup (at 70 miles average) - waiting for approval.

Loctite

Jun 1, 2001
Hello Mike jr. - Lost most of our snow here in Cadillac. Some of the gang went out trail riding this past Sunday. I'm torn down also, doing some suspension updates to the DRZ. With NO snowmobiling I have a great need for speed. Ready for Spode Fest III.
Craig

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Why wait until May???

MMjr, I thought spring started in April;)

Should we start a pre - rites of spring ride??? I wouldn't want to go to Whiskey Creek out of shape.

I went dual sporting on vacation last week. Stuck with an XR for 200 miles.

Lunch next week???

Rickshaw

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Dreaming too!

My bike is in pieces but will be together soon! I just talked to MX tech and they will ship tomorrow. I've already got the top end done os It ready to rip.

Major bummer is I may miss the Rites of Spring ride if my restaurant remodel schedule conflicts, gotta work! :(

I should know in few weeks when I will have that project started and finished.

I expect to be in Gladwin within the next two weeks if the NO snow holds out.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Back to dreaming.......we got 6 inches of snow in Lansing last night!!!

Rick, Fred T and I are planning a one day ride in April and we plan to ride the Leota loops. All are welcome!!! I will have to check on a support truck. My dad is getting married and may not be available. The loops in Leota are short enough that a truck should not be necessary.

MM Jr.

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Count on me for the "Rites of Spring" ride, as for the rest of the date's not sure yet.
MMjr and Fred, let me know on the April ride I should be able to go as long as it's not the 19th (first MX race of the season at Gratten)

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Winter ridin'

After spending 2.5 hours yesterday behind a snowblower, I had plenty of time thinking about the next ride.

I'm in for April at Leota. We could always drop my truck and trailer with gas if a support truck is not available.

Congrats to MM Sr. on the pending marriage.

FredT, what are riding this year????

Rickshaw

JUSTRIDE415

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
soon

as soon as my collarbone heals i will hopefully ride snowmobiles more but this year i am set up to ride kids kamp at whiskey creek i think i am riding the wolverine rtide right afterwards and give me a day and time and i might get my dad to take me to leota because we love that trail system he basically grew up on it i like the pits

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I'm in for a ride in April. Hopefully my dad can take me and my brother. If you had an ICE BIKE you could ride right now. MMJr., if your dad is going to be in Lake City this Saturday, tell him to look for us out on the lake. (We're probably the only bike out there with yellow and black striped fenders! :D )

Tom Dixon

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Re: Winter ridin'

Originally posted by rickshaw
After spending 2.5 hours yesterday behind a snowblower, I had plenty of time thinking about the next ride.

FredT, what are riding this year????

Rickshaw

Yep, that snow bummed me out because I almost had my bike ready to go for a ride. I'm still on my KDX, but I did a bit of work to it this winter to help it out a little. Improved the suspension and bored/modified the carb. It's about as good as you can get a KDX to be - the rest is up to me!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
April 4-5-6 window?

Hey how about we plan for our spring ride on one of those days which is the first weekend in April, either a Friday, Sat or Sunday-which ever day looks to have the best weather. Sunday is the first day of daylight savings time so it will get dark later...more time to ride!!! What you guys think? Is the snow melting yet!:eek:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
April 4, 5, 6

I was thinking either this weekend or April 18, 19, 20. The SX is in Pontiac on the 12th and 13th.
Where's Rickshaw and his weather forecasting crystal ball???

I would like to have a trailfest reunion together before April. Attendance at 2001 ride would not be requirement to come to the reunion. I know we have some new members to our group and it would give them a chance to meet the other riders. Any thoughts???

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
How about that reunion on March 9th at the Van Andel in GR? I'll volutier to but all the tickets so we can all sit together and everyone can just pay me back.
MMjr I ended up getting tickets for the Feb. hockey game so that day in March is open for me now.

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Jeff, I am still waiting to hear from the salesperson and his ability to get "comp" tickets. He may have been a big talker "blowing smoke".

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
WARNING!!!!!

My dad has a new computer....and a new DRN nickname....
Beware of Circuitrider!!!!!

We could have a trailfest reunion at his church on a Saturday evening???

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Jeff,
I called my ticket connection. He may not know about "comp" tickets until the week before the Freestyle MX event. March 9th may not work for me. This is an event that I am not willing to pay $20 to watch.
You should be getting an application to LMC in the mail. There will be a "trail" meeting for LMC in a couple of weeks.
Mike

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I just caught this thread. Count me in on the Leota ride! I can't wait to try the new scoot, and this would be a good place to find out how it'll do. I can even get the two boys to come, because they really like Leota and the improvisational MX track.

Top Bottom