desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Well once again the SoCal Wrecking Crew had a great time at the races. Although we had a smaller than hoped turnout it was a blast.

I pulled up to the track at 6:20am to see a HUGE line of people waiting for the gates to open at 6:30. So I got in line and proceeded to wait with everyone else.

The gates opened (on time I might add) and I proceeded in. I found a good spot along the entry road to park the trailer and proceeded to set up camp. I hung up the DRN banner that sacr_tissue made for us to give DRN a little play at the races. It was cool. Being on the main entry road everyone that passed had to see the banner. Who knows maybe we will get some more SoCal Wrecking crew members.

Bundy and Thumbs and their bikini clad fan club showed up around 7:45 or so. They got unloaded and we went down to registration.

To my disappointment Bundy decided to race the Open class instead of the Vet class. It's probably a good thing cause I was looking to give him a major :moon: whooping on that day.. :)

Scar showed up around 9:20, right before Thumbs and Bundy were going to race. I know what you’re thinking... What in the heck is Thumbs doing racing Bundy..... Well the 125 and open classes were combined so that's the story behind that.

So Scar and family, Bundy & Thumbs crew and I stood on the sidelines trying to figure out who was who and take some pictures.

I was using Thumb's camera so when he came in after the race I told him that I had a hard time figuring out who he was so there were probably pictures of guys on Honda's that he didn't know.

Bundy and Thumbs finished in one piece but looked as though they had raced different races. Thumbs came in looking like he had been in a mud race and Bundy came in looking like he had been in the desert. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Right after their race my wifey pulled up with my little mini me.. Scar and I weren't scheduled to race until 2 so we had some time to kill. The girls decided to go down to the sub shop for some food. Holly Cow... They came back with these MONSTER subs. The things were HUGE... Bundy had asked for a 12" that looked like it could feed four. Of course if you know Bundy then you know he could be considered four... :).

Well 2 rolled around so Scar and I headed up to the starting line and did our parade lap. We came back into the staging area and lined up. While we were waiting the MORON on my right who mouth was bigger than his talent looked over at me and said "You better watch out for me." I looked back and said "why's that?" He repeated himself and said I'm just trying to psyche you out. I replied that I was out here to have fun and that if he wanted to kill himself go right ahead.

The format of this race was live engine start, bike in neutral, clutch hand on helmet. No I have never done well in these starts so I was dreading the dust fest I was about to endure.

The flag drops and I'll be damned if that new Michelin tire didn't hook and give me one hell of a holeshot. I could not believe it. In fact I was so freaked I blew the 3rd turn and lost about 5 or 6 positions and picked up 10 feet of banner to carry with me for the rest of the race. Well I felt pretty good and had borrowed Thumb's kidney belt to see how I would like it and I think I ended up in 4th.

Scar did well other than gettin his :moon: whipped by a girl.. Of course the way she was outfitted and her bike was equipped I'm not sure what she was doing in the beginner class.. (Sorry Scar.. I just had to throw that in ;) )

All in all it was another good day at the races.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Sounds like you guys had fun, I had to suffer throught he bikini contest at the beach while you folks were enjoying yourselves.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Great report Rex

Wish I could have been there to cheer you guy's on. ;)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by desert_racer

Scar did well other than gettin his :moon: whipped by a girl..

Hey this was the same girl that whipped Thumbs in the 9:30 race. :moon: If I go down I'm taking everbody with me. Honestly I never saw her, I Started mid pack and if she was in front of me, well I didn't catch her.
Cheers to the Sheila :aj: I'm used to getting spanked by women :) But thats another story!

Rex covered the day stuff EXCEPT FOR A SLEEPING BUNDY BEING ZIP TIED TO A CHAIR Thanks for geting there early, getting a good spot and letting the kids use the trailer.

The race was very very cool. After playing 5 softball games on Sat. in a tournament, come Sunday, I was tired after the parade lap. I didn't remember a thing after the parade lap. The 7 mile course turned and twisted so much I couldn't set up anything. the start was fun, the experts took of with one guy stalling a 426 and not able to relight so he pushed off the track, the next line had a husky that couldn't find nuetral wait, wait, wait, then some bonehead on DR's line dropped the clutch looped out and took out the guy next to him. We finally go the green flag after the experts left 10 min. ago. (they turned about 14minute laps.) So they we on us quickly.

I started mid pack, couldn't see a thing (dust central) the first lap I just cruised and held my spot to get my bearings and let the guys/ dust spread out THEN LAP 2 IT WAS ON! I picked off 6 guys on lap 2 airing it out and having a blast. A Kawi 250 and I diced it up for a long time. What a gas!

Lap 3, I'm in the clear no one in site ahead of me no one behind me about half way through I got a little bored, I wanted to mix it up. I pulled my bonehead of the day hitting a haybale in the slow S turns by the scorers table.

At least I didn't crash on the parade lap BUNDY :p

Lap 4 caught and passed 3 more guys, that Kawi caught me after the haybale and we diced the rest of the way. He passed me on the last jump after the 2nd pavement drag race. bummer. I passed 9 guys overall not including the start. I don't know how many werein my class but if they all were I should be top 5.

Man it was a blast I felt I could still charge at the end. I can't wait for the next one. I think I'll tank the start again, The best fun was to catch, dog and pass people.

89er, I see what you mean by need ing more power for GP's . Everyone out there in the Vet class was on 426's, 450's, 520s,' or 2 stroke 250s/ 500's. I was seriously out gunned on my 250f. on the drag strips and hill climbs.

Tip of the day for GAS GAS owners check the welds on the top of your rear shock! A buddy of mine had them shear off over a minor jump and shoot the shock tower through the sub frame piercing the gas tank and ripping off the seat. Talk about an expensive day.

Last edited:

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Oh yeah I forgot about that Bundy nap thing. As soon as I download the pics from the camera I will post old Bunster takin his afternoon snooze.. :scream:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Sorry I wasn't there to witness the carnage. I played mechanic this weekend on both of my cars and the pool filter.
Great report guys, and glad to hear that you all survived and had fun!:)

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Good job fellas ! Check the Wrecking Crew forum for a ride this Saturday the 27th at the PIRU MX track ...

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Here is a picture of the infamous Bunster at one of his finest moments..

P.S.. Check out his shoes... ;)

Attachments

• bundy01.jpg
    bundy01.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 298

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by thumbs
He doesn't look fast.

Bwaaahahaaha...haack...*cough*.....

I went to Elsinore on Friday - maybe to get a little practice in and maybe, just maybe to get ready for the Tankslapper, but a cracked and leaky gas tank put and end to that plan. Turns out that the intermittent misfiring and rich condition I was experiencing at KM (and Elsinore) was caused by raw gas leaking into the air box from a crack at the rear of the tank. This realization hit me like a ton of bricks just a few minutes ago. I was ready to buy a new CDI. :)

Sounds like the Tankslapper was fun......... :whiner:

Last edited:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Ole Bundy was probably going 90 mph a few minutes before that pic was taken. That guy can go from amped to sleeping.........well he IS fast :)

Probably has something to do with having TWO wives and all :p

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
OK D-R,

Touche,
Now lets talk about the funniest thing of all, Thumbs pancakeing his bike while loading it in the back of his truck! :confused: He has single handidly started the next freestyle craze! :p

Bunster,

Oh yeah, my race went like this. Mid pack start, dust, dust and more dust! Awhgh, it was horrible. But I stayed on two wheels and actually made up a lot of positions, lord only knows how I did, results will be up on Wed.
But I am satisfied, I rode much more agressivly than the last race, and the more races that I do the speed will return.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Awwww, aren't they precious when they're sleeping? ;)

Originally posted by mxbundy
Now lets talk about the funniest thing of all, Thumbs pancakeing his bike while loading it in the back of his truck! :confused: He has single handidly started the next freestyle craze!
Details please! :)

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I ride 4 laps a warp speed without an incident but when I go to load my bike in the back of the truck my foot slips on the tailgate and down I go.

Damage report: 1 sore elbow, 1 swollen knee and a bruised ego.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Eel

Were still waiting for them.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
... cool. Looking forward to them ... good report by the way.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Posted by Thumbs
I ride 4 laps a warp speed without an incident

If you were at Warp Speed then how come you only did 4 laps? I think bundy did something like 10.... :moon:

Last edited:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Hey quit screwing around and lets get some lunch!

Top Bottom