Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
If you are in the area and can help represent the interests of off-road enthusiasts here in Michigan....

What: DNR OFF-ROAD VEHICLE ADVISORY BOARD MEETING
When: Wednesday, 9/10/2003, 6:30 p.m.
Where: Holiday Inn Lansing-West, 7501 W. Saginaw, Lansing

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I was there, we had alot of support show up. Hope it did some good you just don't know with the DNR. They still oppose "event trail" from what I heard but are willing to meet with the clubs again. They think we should race on opened for use ORV trails. I don't think they have thought about the saftey conserns!
Don

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Great you could make it Don!

I noticed in the September 2003 CCC Trailrider there was an article on the DNR's discontinuation of "Event Trail Use". There was also a petition form from the Lansing Motorcycle Club to help gather signatures. Unfortunately, the petition was due in to the CCC by 9/10 (for the DNR meeting), but I didn't even receive the CCC magazine until 9/9.

Anyway, glad to see there was a lot of support there - hope the DNR took notice.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
LMC turned in petitions with about 1000 signatures, that hopfully helped.
I know some legislators have been contacted so I think they noticed us.
Don

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I just received my trailrider late last week. I have a few signatures, is it too late to mail them in?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Most of the discussion at this meeting related to insurance for the grant sponsors to do trail maintenance and the grant approvals for 2004. 

The ATV guys were concerned about an approved training program - I took this opportunity to stretch my legs.

Event trail was brought up in the public appearance time, but the DNR chose not to respond.  The board and the DNR is not required to respond to the public appearance time, but it is an opportunity to have your opinions noted in the minutes of the meeting.

Top Bottom