gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
Hello
Is there going to be a DRN get together in OCT?
I have been searching and cant find any info on it.
Thanks
Steven

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Nothing yet. It looks like the rides on the 21st is going to be bigger than I expected but I'd still like to do something in October.

I know the guys that are going to DW want it to be latter in the month so why don't we start selecting a date. I think I'm free for any weekend but until I confer with my wife I really don't know ;)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Late October works for me. Sunday on the last weekend may be a problem though.

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Well I object to the high price of gas, the lack of off road riding areas and many other things but 19th sounds good to me. Is this gonna be a bring your family ride or lets rip some trails kinda ride?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Bring everybody, the more the merrier. When we have a big ride there are too many people to hit the trail in one group anyway so we can break up into groups of different skill levels. I'll be happy to lead anyone through some easy trails ;)

Be aware though, the punishment for being slow is not getting a chance to rest when you catch up to the rest of the group :p:laugh:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Oooh, we'll have a whole WEEKEND between DirtWeek and Paragon!  Hopefully we'll still have two bikes that run by then! :scream:

Might even have some DW pictures or videos to share with everyone, that is if you can stand the pain. ;)

PapaKeith, you in?  That would be a good opportunity to get your CR500 back to ya.  I know it's harvest season and all...

JasonJ-- can you convince Kelly to take her first Paragon trip, you think?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I will be there....is this going to be a weekend thing, or just 1 day?

I think Squeaky was planning to go to Paragon in November to get her bike back.....maybe she can make it in October instead.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
"JasonJ-- can you convince Kelly to take her first Paragon trip, you think?"
I dont know, Kerry might get mad if I take another girl riding :) LOL.

Thats what Im thinking Lori. I think if the weather is nice I can get her in for at least half a day. If she has fun she can maybe hang the whole day and if its a two day deal I can do some ripping like Sat and hang with her on Sunday or someting. Thats usally how we do it :) . Still gotta get her some boots yet though.
19th sounds good to me right now, Ill pencil it in and defend the calendar with a sharp sharpie!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I was only thinking it would be a one day ride for me but feel free to make it two if you want.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
:o   Whoops!  My apologies to KERRY!  I was going from memory, but at least I got the first two letters right!

I still have those old Fox boots, if you think Kerry might want them. (about ladies size 7, I think)  Otherwise, I'll take them to DirtWeek to give away. 

We should be able to do a day, or a day + 1/2, probably.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
"at least I got the first two letters right!"

And the last letter too! LOL.
Maybe I can get her to a shop to try some boots on this weekend and if a size 7 is ok Ill let her know you have a pair for her unless she just wants to buy a pair right there. Heak if it was me and they were free, Id take em, but you know how ladies are about footware :) . LOL. Ill get back to you before DW if she wants them. Thanks again Lori, thats a very kind offer.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
If i aint broke i'll be there. Actually even if i'm broke i'll probably be there as 2 of the Damn Yankee's wont have a bike if i dont make it. If Squeaky and PK cant make it, which i doubt they will because of CornFeast 03'. :laugh: We can work something out with their bikes. Like either i give you Squeaky's bike Lori or you give me PK bike. Whatever is easier for them to get them back, your place or Paragon.

Anyways i'm always in for a Paragon ride! :cool:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Originally posted by Tree jumper
either i give you Squeaky's bike Lori or you give me PK bike. Whatever is easier for them to get them back, your place or Paragon. 

Or I could take both their bikes and meet them somewhere between my place and theirs, which would be less than a 2 hour drive for them to pick up the bikes.  Unless Lori is closer to them than I am.

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Well you can count me out.  :( My son has travel soccer and games all the way through November 15th. From the 18th of October on they play a game on Saturday and Sunday. My daughter is also playing on Saturday's. Since I am the assistant coach I can't exactly blow the games off and neither can my son.

Luckily for me during Dirtweek they do not have games so I'm not missing anything except practice twice.

Maybe if I break my leg at Dirt Week I won't have to go to soccer and I can go to Paragon and ride instead.

:think: Hmmm ! I think there's a flaw in that plan but I can't figure out where ? :laugh:

gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
I was thinking of a 2 day even. Maybe some camping near Paragon if its not to cold. How do we get an official going so we can get a bunch of people together?
Steven

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I'd love to go in October, but I don't know if it'll happen. 12 days before Halloween makes for a very busy farm.

Scooter and TJ...and Lori...whatever is convenient for you guys with bikes is good for me (and I'm sure Keith, but don't quote me on that)...I am planning on getting a group together in November. I was actually thinking the weekend after Thanksgiving, since a lot of people have that Friday off anyway!

I'm sure between all of us we can iron out the details later...

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Originally posted by SqueakyGirl
...I was actually thinking the weekend after Thanksgiving, since a lot of people have that Friday off anyway!

Sistah, the weekend after Thanksgiving I'm gonna be getting my SKIS out, not my dirtbike! :scream:  Actually, I might be planning a trip back home to see the folks that week, but haven't decided yet.

Scooter, if you have room for both Squeaky's & PK's bike, that might work out best.  We are in the opposite direction, probably a good 7 hours from RI.  Paragon is only a little over 3 hours for us. 

Jason-- I don't blame Kerry!  New boots are definitely better than old ones. ;)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by LoriKTM

Sistah, the weekend after Thanksgiving I'm gonna be getting my SKIS out, not my dirtbike! :scream: 

:confused: I don't usually think ski (or snowboard in my case) until January or so...

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
No problem Lori, I can get 3 bikes in my truck...the only thing i don't like is the idea of having 2 Hondas in the truck......maybe I can get a tarp to cover them until i get home so no one sees them

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by scooter1130
No problem Lori, I can get 3 bikes in my truck...the only thing i don't like is the idea of having 2 Hondas in the truck......maybe I can get a tarp to cover them until i get home so no one sees them

That's great...My gas tank is orange... ;)

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
"maybe I can get a tarp to cover them until i get home so no one sees them"

Yeah thats a good idea, with two Hondas in it, your truck might actually be worth stealing :)
Ohhhhh Ba da bing!

Top Bottom