DRN tested - when???

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by zio
Take it as a compliment, mods. We respect your opinions! :)
Thanks Zio. Trust me it is scary and uncomfortable to write a report, good or bad... On one hand you may read my report on the Asterisk braces and spend $550 only to hate them, then proceed to tell me I was wrong... you think I don't feel bad that you took my advice and spent your coin on something you are disappointed in. I may be wrong, I am no pro, just a guy that started riding 3 years ago.... The same goes the other way too though, I write a report that casts a negative light on something and you don't buy it when it may have been perfect for you. The bottom line is everybody has opinions on stuff and when we decided to do this review section we wanted to offer you the average "Joe" opinions because thats what most of us are, honest and informative, thats it.And BTW it is not just the mods that do the reviews members have done some too.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by Thump
And BTW it is not just the mods that do the reviews members have done some too.

Give ME something, come on, I want something to test!!

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
ok, my test rsults will be in before the end of the week on the sidi flex force, kinda been late as i had not been able to RIDE for all summer. my i-net is out at my place so i'll get on this while at work, er i mean while i'm being paid to work. be advised, i did the power now. bought it with my own $ and told it like i found it, but still i'll get people that say i'm wrong on it, soooo, the point is, i might say this $@%$#% is the greatest and you might buy a pair and say..."hey, they're crap" but i'll tell ya this. the sidi flex force are some awesome supporting boots.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by a454elk
Give ME something, come on, I want something to test!!
Oldguy gave you the Tidy Cat RM powervalve booster kit(ten) didn't he?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Oh yeah, check my write up in the Mod's and Performance Forum.;)

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
you think I don't feel bad that you took my advice and spent your coin on something you are disappointed in.
Well maybe you don't get enough of this then. :thumb:

Your test on the Emig triple clamps got me thinking about opening up the cockpit a little, as we're about the same height. Though I didn't purchase the Emig clamps, your test provided the info I needed without thinking it's an advertising scheme more so than a test (like the mags). I purchased the Applied wrap style clamps/mounts and they work as you described, although I doubt the finish is even close to the finish of the Emig clamps. Bottom line...you were spot on. :thumb:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Thump, I think it's time we see a write up on Excel rims, don't you? ;)

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
sspmxc400 hit a nerve in the moderator/members of dirtrider.net accidentally i believe. guys all of us including sspmxc400 im sure, do want to let everyone involved in running this site that everyone does a great job.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert
Thump, I think it's time we see a write up on Excel rims, don't you? ;)
Well you see it's like this.... get a footpeg stuck in your spokes at speed, go over the handlebars and have the bike hit a tele pole front wheel first and it won't matter what kind of rim you have.....

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Well you see it's like this.... get a footpeg stuck in your spokes at speed, go over the handlebars and have the bike hit a tele pole front wheel first and it won't matter what kind of rim you have.....
I was there and saw it, I was the one that pulled the bike off of you.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Yes, I remember.... shortly there after I lost it.... Man was I pissed. Kinda stupid when you think about it, I should have been happy I walked away.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Yes, I remember.... shortly there after I lost it.... Man was I pissed.

I would think you're kinda used to breaking things on dirtbikes by now. :moon:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Green Horn

I would think you're kinda used to breaking things on dirtbikes by now. :moon:

Not to mention himself :)

Hope that shoulder gets better soon David :thumb:

B

biglou

I watched and heard him go down from the announcing tower. I was absolutely amazed that he walked away. I remember immediately calling for Lori (Mrs. Gomer) to go to the last turn. It was one of those get-offs that gives you that sick feeling in your stomach until you see the rider up and moving.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…