jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Talk about a small world....
I get sent to the UK on business. It turns out JV6Junkie gets sent over here too.

What do 2 DRN'ers from the 'states do in such a situation?

Go get a beer (or 5) of course! We met up Friday after work and headed to Piccadilly Circus. After walking around a bit we found a pub (like that is hard to do in London). We had a few pints and bench raced. The barmaid was from Australia, the bartender was from Canada, and before long we had met a group from Italy and a couple from Greece. Cool stuff.

Saturday we went and ran oround London and saw some sites. We worked up a good thirst and we saw a place that I just had to go visit. The name of the place is called the Texas Embassy. So being a native Texan, I had to go there and pay homage. RV6Junkie is from NJ, but he was a willing victim, errr participant. Anyway, we have done a lot of bench racing and beer drinking and tried our best to represent DRN. The funniest thing though was trying to explain the DRN culture to this wind-bag of a British lady. She had probably never been outside of London proper. The concept of riding a dirtbike alone was enough to give her a migrain!

-jeffd

Click the picture below!

Attachments

• cimg0550.jpg
    cimg0550.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Me in front of the Texas Embassy in London...

Attachments

• cimg0550-1.jpg
    cimg0550-1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 83

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
A Lambo in front of Harrod's and me wishing it was mine :)

Attachments

• cimg0550-2.jpg
    cimg0550-2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 84

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Now here is the freaky part....

While we were in Harrod's we happened to come across a very frightening thing. Pred... If you are reading this, you might want to brace yourself....

Attachments

• cimg0550-3.jpg
    cimg0550-3.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 95

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Yup... future purple monkeys are here in the UK too, bubba. Here is a close up of the l'ill buggers.

Attachments

• future-purple.jpg
    future-purple.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 80
B

biglou

Cool! Looks like a good time. Jeff-Go to the Texas Embassy and tell them you want to defect! "Get me to Dallas! PLEASE!" ;)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Dude, great time! I can't think of a better way to spend time in London than with a fellow DRN'er. Lots of bench racing (the only kind of racing that I'm any good at!), lots of beer and more laughs than you could ever want. Finding that purple future monkey attached to a bag was a riot!

"The end is near, the purple future monkies are carrying luggage, they must be on the move!"

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by dklink2000
Looks like a good time, but Mexican beer in London???

Good beer is good beer no matter where it comes from! :thumb:

-jeffd

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Isnt it illegal to have that much fun while on business? Glad you 2 are have such a great time at work. :)

Oh yeah, if that purple future monkey has 2 thumbs up Butt only 1 mouth. Where does it put the other thumb? :moon:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Awesome guys!!! Glad you could hang in unknown, foreign territory and comfort each other with imported beer :)

Its this DRN connection thingy....gotta love it.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by jeffd
Yup... future purple monkeys are here in the UK too, bubba. Here is a close up of the l'ill buggers.

LMAO!! Better watch out, Pred. It looks like they are highly mobile. They come with their own luggage. :laugh:

I'm glad to hear that you found each other. It's always more fun when you have someone familiar to share the experience with. Thanks for the pictures. I'm waiting to see the pictures of you guys mooning Her Majesty's guards. After all, they can't move. :confused:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
damn the purple future monkeys!

As long as they don't have their robot horses they aren't too mobile, I hope!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I couldn't quite make out the detail on the FPMonkey's face. So I digitally enhanced the image. I was shocked to see the results!!

Attachments

• fpenhanced.jpg
    fpenhanced.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 57

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I was really able to magnify the enhanced image with my new software. The detail is incredible!

Attachments

• fpenhanced2.jpg
    fpenhanced2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 62

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by jeffd
The barmaid was from Australia, the bartender was from Canada, and before long we had met a group from Italy and a couple from Greece. Cool stuff.

that sounds about right! :silly:

do me a favour, go into the nearest curry house and ask for a chicken vindaloo- its a bit of a lame curry and not very spicy really so ask them to kick it up a notch- maybe 9 out of 10 heat wise. you will thank me tommorow :thumb: !

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
The Britts have picked-up quite a few bad American habits, as well as a few bad Americans!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by RV6junkie
The Britts have picked-up quite a few bad American habits, as well as a few bad Americans!

Yes they have.  There are over 250+ McDonald's in the greater London Area.  When I was there in '87, they kinda looked down their nose at people who ate at McDs. (And the charged extra for Ketchup packets)  When I lived there in '98, every McDs I went into was packed!!! They were in there shoveling it in.

I miss the pubs.  :whiner: Nobody has figured out how to replicate the atmosphere of the "neighborhood" pub here in the states.  Probably because you would have to drive there instead of walk.  My "home" pub was about 18 feet from the front door of my apartment building.  It was like having a party in your basement that was going on all the time.  Plus, if my wife didn't feel like cooking, down the stairs we went to eat at the pub.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
It's good to hear you guys had such a great time in London together!

You better watch out for those purple future monkeys...now that they come with their own luggage, they can be on the move whenever they please!

You know...come to think of it, they look awful familiar. :confused:

Top Bottom