Dropped something in Spark Plug Hole!! Help!

98RM250RIDER

Sep 29, 2009
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum because I just bought my first bike. It's a 98 RM 250. So I'm checking the spark plug and don't ask me how but I dropped a cigarette in the hole while it was half open. I can't reach it with anything I've tried with. Any ideas? Can this seriously harm my engine? I'm not going to crank it or anything until I get it out. But any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Pull the pipe, and take it out the exhaust port.

Quit smoking.. at least when you're working on your bike..

Friend of mine, a long time ago, burned his garage to the ground from smoking while working on his bike...

Hell, I don't allow anyone in my garage with a cigarette..

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
exhuast sounds good like Indy mx said...you can clean out your shop vac and leave the spark plug out for flow. use a flashlight to see through the exhuast port..if the piston is below the exhuast port put the shop vac on it and then check to see that you got the smoke out in your vac... hope its there.. if it fell down your transfer ports you need to take the cylinder off

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Dang!!! them smokes ain't cheap either!

98RM250RIDER

Sep 29, 2009
Thanks guys... I'll try the exhaust port tonight. I don't smoke while working on my bike....I was taking the spark plug out and then going straight to Auto Barn so I pulled one out for the ride but a little too early. Good thing it wasn't lit.

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
Here are a couple of good reasons to take up smoking big cigars.
1. They won't fit down the sparg plug hole
2. If you do manage to wedge one down the plug hole they won't fit down the transfer ports without taking the head off and pushing them in :laugh:

Yea, I know. As my wife says, I'm only funny to me.

Top Bottom