Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2007
So I have a 1996 cr125 and I drove off with my air filter and cage on the back of my car. So can I just buy a new filter or do I have to buy the "cage" as well

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
FistFullofDirt said:
So I have a 1996 cr125 and I drove off with my air filter and cage on the back of my car. So can I just buy a new filter or do I have to buy the "cage" as well

Gonna need the cage.. How else would you bolt it on?

Jul 15, 2007
How else would you bolt it on???? If I knew I wouldnt have started a thread. UPDATE: drove down the road about 5 miles and found it in the middle of an intersection. YAY!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Good for you...

The cage is what holds the filter onto the airbox.. it's the frame of the filter, with out that, you just have a floppy piece of foam with a screw thru it..

This is pretty much common sense, not something you'd need to read a book for.

Jul 15, 2007
Obviously its not common sense, maybe to you Mr. Know it all. Indy should write a book. (master of the obvious over here)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
FistFullofDirt said:
Obviously its not common sense, maybe to you Mr. Know it all. Indy should write a book. (master of the obvious over here)
No maybe you should sit back and listen for a while :nod:
Indy responded very matter of factly to your stupid move and pointed out the obvious. Now sit back this week and learn

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
FistFullofDirt said:

Let's change it from air filter and cage to something else.

FistFullofDirt said:
So I have a 1996 cr125 and I drove off with my tire and tube on the back of my car. So can I just buy a new tire or do I have to buy the "tube" as well

No matter how ya' slice it about 2 minutes of sitting back and really thinking about what you were going to post would have avoided the Homer Simpson "DOH!".

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
FistFullofDirt said:
Actually, it is a matter of common sense, but not everybody is born with it.

So, you have a soft, piece of material that needs to be attached to a rigid surface. There is a hard skeleton type piece that goes inside it to help it maintain it's shape so that it can be attached. Is there anything there that will keep this extrememly flexible object is place, and in shape without that skeletal piece? Nope, I don't see anything, looks like a new part is going to be needed. "Master of the obvious", indeed.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Patman said:
Let's change it from air filter and cage to something else.

No matter how ya' slice it about 2 minutes of sitting back and really thinking about what you were going to post would have avoided the Homer Simpson "DOH!".

Forget Tire and Tube - I think Tire and Wheel is a better comparison. "I left my wheel at the library. Now, how can I get my tire on? Do I actually need a wheel or can I do put my tire on without it?"

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
FistFullofDirt said:

Obviously, common sense is not as common as it used to be. :coocoo:

Some have it, some don't. :laugh: :rotfl:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
It's one thing to have to read yet another ignorant post by an obvious moron, but when you have to take verbal abuse from them when you help them, it's just about too much...

I do appreciate the back up there guys.

sigurd

Jun 24, 2007
In all sincerity Indy I think you do a nice job of succinctly walking people to, well, the obvious. and yeah, oftentimes that might be accompanied by a "doh" on their end.

So, my thanks to you (and the others) for your time and effort. :nod:

sigurd

Jun 24, 2007
lol. no wonder it had a great ring to it!

I have the same problems with movies I've watched before too... ha ha ha ha.

Anyway, my amnesia aside, you guys still do a nice job. Maybe I'll post that again in a few minutes, when I forget that I said that already. lol.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
IndyYZ85 said:
It's one thing to have to read yet another ignorant post by an obvious moron, but when you have to take verbal abuse from them when you help them, it's just about too much...

I do appreciate the back up there guys.

I think you could have done a little better job of helping the poor guy out. As an example, I recently saw a post explaining how to fashion a home-made air filter out of paper towel.

;)

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
sigurd said:
In all sincerity Indy I think you do a nice job of succinctly walking people to, well, the obvious. and yeah, oftentimes that might be accompanied by a "doh" on their end.

So, my thanks to you (and the others) for your time and effort. :nod:

Thank you...

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Come on Indy admit it, you take pleasure in your Capt. Obvious-ness. :p
captainobvious_rescue.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom