charger

Dec 29, 2000
At my first race a few weeks ago, my mouth got very dry during the first moto, and then again in the second moto. it sucked. felt like i was going to die of thirst. i was breathing through my mouth in both motos but i don't know if that has anything to do with it, because i've seen pros doing it in pictures, and i think it's kind of hard not to breath through my mouth when i'm riding. how do you all keep your mouths from getting so dry when you ride? thanks.

Byrd Man

Aug 24, 2000
When racing you shouldn't even be thinking about a dry mouth. It's part of the adrenaline rush you get. The "fight or flight" thing that happens when your body releases epinephrine and norepinephrine. This stimulates the sympathetic nervous system which causes dry mouth,the shakes,rapid heart beat, opens sweat glands,shaky voice etc. Your body is gearing up for a fight. This is perfectly normal. The best way to combat this is to realx and stay calm. Make sure to drink plenty of H2O between motos also.

charger

Dec 29, 2000
Yeah, i think you're right. i shouldn't have been thinking about how thirsty i was. next time i'll try and focus only on the race. i'm sure i'll do better if i only concentrate on the race and nothing else. thanks.:D

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I get this way just trail riding, and will conciously force myself to close my mouth occasionally. Also, this may not apply when racing moto-x, but most of us off-roaders wear hydration systems on our backs for a quick douse of water without stopping.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom