bumf

Mar 4, 2006
i just bought a 03 drz 400 not surwe whether it is the e or the s it need oil but i dont no how much to put in? im waiting for the manual but want to do it tonight also it has a new head but u can hear a tapping like the tappits need adjusting ive heard it has to be shimmed wats involed in doing this and where can i get shimms is there any sites that do next day delivery in the uk

cuchara.red

Dec 19, 2005
The S is the road legal model and the E is the off road model.

It's an S if it has the big tail light & turn signals hanging down in back. Also an S if it has a speedometer and indicator lights for neutral, high beam, and temperature. The S will also have a steering lock on the right side of the steerer head. I believe the carb is a Mikuni, and it runs on regular gas. Sprockets are 15/44 stock.

The E has a larger exhaust header, an odometer only, no neutral indicator light, a small LED tail light but no brake light, a Klein FCR carb (unless it's a new California model). It also has higher compression (requires premium fuel), slightly higher rev limiter, 14/47 sprockets, a little more HP, and is about 25-30 lbs lighter than the S.

Top Bottom