dave40

May 2, 2002
Ride DRZ 400 E, and when going thru deep water (streams,river crossings, etc..) the bike dies. Was told to get a cup of water, with the bike running ,dip each of the "drainage/overflow pieces"located below the bike into the cup, rev throttle and see which one sucks in water--this did not work and problem still persists. any advice???

BigDRZ

Jul 27, 2002
There was a big discussion on this over at www.thumpertalk.com on the DRZ400 forum. Someone did figure out which hoses needed to be rerouted.

But honestly, you can just turn your idle up and work the clutch a little in the deep stuff, give it some gas. It will never die! I have crossed some long water wholes and learned real quick what to do to keep my feet from getting soaked!

CAB

Nov 18, 1999
Haven't done it yet, but as I understand it, you need to run two t's off the two hoses exiting the left and right sides of the carb and run new lines up along the frame cradle. I've tried revving, etc... and when that sucker dies, there's nothing I can do about it. Luckily, I rarely get my feet wet in Az., but when I do, they get soaked.

FireDawg75

Jan 10, 2002
No problem here. I've never had a problem with mine dying in deep water. Like BigDRZ says, work the clutch and keep the revs up and you should be ok. However, I know that some bikes are just that way. If you do the "T" vent operation, that should cure it for good.

Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
My 01 E had the same problem. The "s" doesn't because it's a different carb. The carb vent tubes are already "T'd" All you have to do is take one leg from each vent tube and run it up under the gas tank and zip tie it in place. Presto end of problem. As mentioned ther ewas quite a write up on this over on TT.

Top Bottom