DRZ $))S Stolen, Amarillo, reward

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Sorry to hear Alan! :(

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
Yup, I don't hold out much hope though, it is gone, gone , gone .... :think

Bad luck, AL

Alan I have posted your search on another bike site and request that if anybody uses onother site other than DRN to please copy and post AL's details and pictures there.

Lets help spread the net and who knows, you might get lucky.

jaguar

Subscriber
yeah Amarillo has been a hot spot for bike thefts for many years.
I had a Penton 125 stolen there and my brother had a KDX 200 stolen there.
nothing worse, but keep your head up 'cause theres always the future which you can shape as you like.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
TTT, I am offering a $500 reward for the recovery of the bike.

If anyone rides the river, look out for a DRZ with the huge white IMS tank, and lowered suspension.

The bike has dirtrider stickers on it, so the culprit may end up looking here.

I have one word of advice to the culprits, put the bike back where you found it

a454elk

Mexicutioner
We'll keep our eyes peeled out here in CA for that butthole. If I see it, do you mind if we take some dirt justice to him for a while, then turn him over?

Sorry Bundu. I'll watch out also.

Seems like there must be a place to list and or check info on stolen bikes. I know I'd like to check before I bought a used bike. Anyone know of one? Can we start one here?

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
I think the AMA have such a service, I will check with them today. Yes, we should all register our bikes with the AMA, and have some sort of checking service available when buying or selling used !

Danman

Lifetime Sponsor
Sorry to hear about your bike Bundu.

I will keep my eyes peeled for it. You might call all the Suzuki shops in your surrounding areas and make them aware too. I put the word to the one in Lubbock if you like.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
Hey bundu, that bike is not in the system as stolen as of this morning. Did you file the report so they can put it in? Make sure it gets entered into the system so when it gets stopped, the officer will snag them. I can help a little bit on checking used bikes for sale. The best way is to get the VIN of the bike and call the local P.D., tell them you want to buy this bike but you want to see if it's stolen. You can do this while you are looking at the bike and if the seller doesn't want to go along with it, then I'd walk away because it's probably stolen.

I can help the local guys around here to check their potential purchases but it would be tough to help nationwide. Maybe the Webmaster can add another heading for DRN folks to post the bike they want to buy with the VIN and we can get local law enforcement in that area to help. It would help if you had a contact in the department nearest you to call. I can help in the L.A and Orange County area. This might be a great way of catching the dirtballs that steal our bikes. With a network like DRN, we can all work together and save our brothers/sisters from buying stolens and losing their money when it gets taken away.

Carlo Marzocca
California Highway Patrol Vehicle Theft
714-705-6010
Garden Grove Area

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
Carlo

Thanks for the info, the bike was reported stolen on Tuesday, I will check with the local PD and see if it is in the system.

Yeah, we definitely need a web based system for registering our bikes with VIN and bike details.

I had a big fight with a guy a while back, I wanted to check his bike out before buying it, and he got pissed off because I wanted to check if it was stolen or had a lein against it. I think it was clean, the guy was just a dipstick !

a454elk

Mexicutioner
O.K., check on it and I'll keep checking the system too. Hey, if someone is a jerk about checking the bike then heck with them, it isn't worth it. Hopefully, we can get a new heading on DRN for stolens! I forgot to post my email

CMARZOCCA@CHP.CA.GOV

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
TTT