BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Yup, I don't hold out much hope though, it is gone, gone , gone .... :think

DoubleTrouble

May 26, 2000
Bad luck, AL

Alan I have posted your search on another bike site and request that if anybody uses onother site other than DRN to please copy and post AL's details and pictures there.

Lets help spread the net and who knows, you might get lucky.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
TTT, I am offering a $500 reward for the recovery of the bike.

If anyone rides the river, look out for a DRZ with the huge white IMS tank, and lowered suspension.

The bike has dirtrider stickers on it, so the culprit may end up looking here.

I have one word of advice to the culprits, put the bike back where you found it

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
We'll keep our eyes peeled out here in CA for that butthole. If I see it, do you mind if we take some dirt justice to him for a while, then turn him over?

FLBob

Jun 4, 2001
Sorry Bundu. I'll watch out also.

Seems like there must be a place to list and or check info on stolen bikes. I know I'd like to check before I bought a used bike. Anyone know of one? Can we start one here?

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I think the AMA have such a service, I will check with them today. Yes, we should all register our bikes with the AMA, and have some sort of checking service available when buying or selling used !

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Sorry to hear about your bike Bundu.

I will keep my eyes peeled for it. You might call all the Suzuki shops in your surrounding areas and make them aware too. I put the word to the one in Lubbock if you like.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hey bundu, that bike is not in the system as stolen as of this morning. Did you file the report so they can put it in? Make sure it gets entered into the system so when it gets stopped, the officer will snag them. I can help a little bit on checking used bikes for sale. The best way is to get the VIN of the bike and call the local P.D., tell them you want to buy this bike but you want to see if it's stolen. You can do this while you are looking at the bike and if the seller doesn't want to go along with it, then I'd walk away because it's probably stolen.

I can help the local guys around here to check their potential purchases but it would be tough to help nationwide. Maybe the Webmaster can add another heading for DRN folks to post the bike they want to buy with the VIN and we can get local law enforcement in that area to help. It would help if you had a contact in the department nearest you to call. I can help in the L.A and Orange County area. This might be a great way of catching the dirtballs that steal our bikes. With a network like DRN, we can all work together and save our brothers/sisters from buying stolens and losing their money when it gets taken away.

Carlo Marzocca
California Highway Patrol Vehicle Theft
714-705-6010
Garden Grove Area

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Carlo

Thanks for the info, the bike was reported stolen on Tuesday, I will check with the local PD and see if it is in the system.

Yeah, we definitely need a web based system for registering our bikes with VIN and bike details.

I had a big fight with a guy a while back, I wanted to check his bike out before buying it, and he got pissed off because I wanted to check if it was stolen or had a lein against it. I think it was clean, the guy was just a dipstick !

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
O.K., check on it and I'll keep checking the system too. Hey, if someone is a jerk about checking the bike then heck with them, it isn't worth it. Hopefully, we can get a new heading on DRN for stolens! I forgot to post my email

CMARZOCCA@CHP.CA.GOV

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
TTT

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Have placed an add in the Amarillo globe, hopefully now, I may get some response - $500 fro the recovery !

DoubleTrouble

May 26, 2000
...any luck yet, AL ?

Also, have you come accross a 'stolen bike' website or 'bike register' site yet - If not, maybe you can take the lead and setup one.

What is Okie's response to the suggestion of hosting a 'bike register' ?

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Nothing yet, have been to the local rding area, and have an ad in the local paper, time will tell !

Stoked_KX

Sep 7, 2001
Currently there is a site in development that is going to take care of these needs. When I'm not out riding, I'm sittin' in a cube pounding out code...

Me and a handful of programmers are working on a site for everyone that will be CHEAP and easy to use.

If any of you have questions or ideas, you can contact me off-list.

Collin

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Still no luck yet !

Now that the spodes have returned from DW01, please keep an eye out for the bashers Bundu Basher.

Lets hope we can get that registry up and running some time soon KX

Alan

Stoked_KX

Sep 7, 2001
BunduBasher, should be up and running soon. I will try to give out more details very soon.

Thanks for the support, and I hope they find your bike.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Stoked KX, you should consider running this registry with the support of the AMA. This is something we desperately need, and if sanctioned by an accredited organization, will not only give you a great deal of publicity, but some legitimacy as well. It would be great if you could also have the major online bike sites support you as well. Maybe a joint effort with DRN might not be a bad idea !

derekb_55

Feb 8, 2001
Sorry to hear about your bike! All I can say is I sure am glad I don't ride a blue and white DRZ 400 with Dirt Rider stickers on it, I might get beat up by enraged DRN members :scream:

Stoked_KX

Sep 7, 2001
BunduBasher, I have been looking into ways to get the word out. I hope in the very near future that Okie and I can reach some agreement but that won't happen until I have something tangible to show him.

I would love to say more right now, but everything is in R&D and I don't want to give much away.

Rest assured, this site WILL happen and soon. More importantly, out of respect for DRN and it's staff, I am not going to make this forum my soapbox. Stay tuned, you won't be disappointed.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Stoked_KX,

The idea of a system for easily checking VIN numbers sounds like somethiung that could really be used by DRN'ers as we are always buying used bikes.

I have always called the local police to verify VIN numbers before buying dirt bikes and have had nothing but great cooperation.

Top Bottom