CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
Both are 80cc two strokes. I personally think the PW80 would be better if you don't want a clutch to fool with. Other wise the DS-80 would be better. Has a head light, brake light, 5 gears and manual clutch so you can slip it if you want to get going faster. I really don't think either the PW80 or DS 80 is a good pit bike. I would look into the XR80 or XR100. They have pleanty of torque to haul just about anyone around on and are bullet proof.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I would go with the pw, it has alot of power for a bike so small, and it can wheelie like no other!! My friend and I use it for whellies only... its so much fun!

I would recommend the pw over the ttr 90 because the pw has more power.

I had a pw80 for 3 years, and all I ever did was put gas in, put oil in the injector tank and go! Never broke down, always started 1st kick!

KLX_BOY

Feb 2, 2002
PW 80 or DS80

Hey what about a 2 stroke Yamaha RT100 for a pit bike. My brother Alex has one and it is very fast it has a manual clutch 5-speed gearbox.
I go about on it and it beats the Pw and DS every time i race them on it.
Thanks KLX_BOY :)

The^^Rock

~SPONSOR~
Feb 18, 2002
Ive got a 1990 DS 80 here, and its bulletproof. Its been dumped in dams etc and been riden with no air filter in it for over half an hour. With all this said, it has never needed new piston rings or anything (as far as I know, it could probally do with an overhaul)

The point being, it just keeps going and going.

Great little bike for me to muck around on when the XR250 is at the workshop :)

Thanks
James

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
My son has the JR80, the DS80 was discontinued in the USA in 2000 - The bike is small and has a lot of go - too small for a pit bike though - I'd definitely try to get a used TTR125 for under $2k. I think the ultimate pit bike must be the Derbi 50 Super Motard - see SM forum - that thing is juts sweet !

Top Bottom