DH Dad

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2003
I know this is a small bike for Dual Sport but it's for my wife and the only reason we are registering the Dirt Bikes is due to recent parking restrictions at our local trails. Trails are still open, mostly private land, but the towns have cracked down on any parking near these trails and have constant patrols on weekends during the summer. So we're really talking about 4-5 mile road riding for 95% trail riding use.

Anyways, I found that Kenda makes the Trakmaster II in a 16" rear tire which will fit the small TTR but the only 19" front DS tire that has a decent aggressive off-road tread I've found is a Metzeler MCE Karoo which is over $100 and a whopping 13 lbs. Somebody's got to make a 19" DOT approved front off-road tire other than these guys?

cmott

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2001
I looked at Dennis Kirk and the only one I saw was Bridgestone trail Wing TW39 90/100-19 for $80.99 It looks like it is about a 50-50 tire. In my state they dont look at the tires to see if they are DOT approved or not. Not sure if that will affect your Insurance though.

Top Bottom