tripicana

May 28, 2007
hello, i have a 1978 yamaha DT175. what needs to be done to disable the oil injection pump? my bike is missing the resevoir and all lines. i just want to run pre-mix. is the oil injected at the carb? thanks

tripicana

May 28, 2007
i disable the pump by removing the driven gear inside it. sealed it up so should be good to go.

anyone know where the oil is injected into the engine?

Beuford

Feb 23, 2008
TRIPICANA
If i remember right, it is injected at the bottem right side of the cylinder towards the rear.
we used to take the line off there and plug the hole in the cylinder with a screw and a crush washer."you do not want an air leak here".

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
where it gets injected into the cylinder...does that line kinda look like a ground wire?? i pulled that off, then took off my oil pump and then i noticed that it was like a brake line kinda and had oil in it...

im doing the same to my DT250...i love the smell of premix, witht the injector system it smells kinda nasty, like vegetables, unless my oil was bad...the oil was green when i drained it

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
If everything is good think about keeping the oil injection. My 69 250 has the injection on it, I love it just put gas in it and ride. I have a couple that need pre mix ,it makes my tractor smoke when I put the left over fuel in it.

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
i just really like the sweet smell of burned premix...and i really dont know how good these old systems actually are

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
Pre mixing is fine and all but one of my bikes runs mixed fuel, but its also nice to have one thats original. I have had a lot of old yamaha enduros and never had a failure with the injection pump there isn't a lot that can go wrong with them.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom