Dt175 Vs Stock Kdx

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
My mate thinks that his DT175 with some engine and exhaust mods will beat a stock KDX 200. Can you all please set him straight. And please try not to laugh. LMAO

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Why don'y YOU set him straight. Sounds like a good excuse for a race if I ever heard one.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Well mines got V-Force 2, 152/42/CEL-3, FMF K-35 & PC2 silencer. Mine spank's him bad but he seems to think that a stock KDX wouldn't. I'm sick of waiting at the next juction on trails for him to catch up. LOL. At least I get to rest and he doesn't. If I could only post the vid to prove it. LMAO

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Actually... it's 95% rider and 5% bike! But flat out drag race I think you freind would be eatin' some crow! A DT anything is a very mellow 2 stroker, I have ridden them all. A KDX would spank a DT 175. I don't know what kind of MODs you can do to a DT but the KDX has a progressive power valve system and I don't think a DT does to the best of my knowledge. That alone with displacement spanks him!

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Thanks guys. Thats all I need to show him. You are right about 95% rider and all but he means outright power. But I know he a total dreamer.

Mike McGlade

Jan 13, 2000
Dt 175 Vs Kdx ??????????

Your friend must either be completely nostalgic and remembers the DT 175 as being fast, or he smokes funny cigarettes and listens to the Grateful Dead.

RuffTrane

Jun 30, 2003
Speaking from experience

I think I can shed some light on this. I have a 1980 DT 175, a 1982 kdx 175 and a 1990 kdx 200. I will admit that the dt is a tough little machine with some good zip in the mid range (because it's light) but I wouldn't even put it up against my kdx 175 let alone the 200. Just my 2 cents. ;)

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Thanks all for your replies. My mate is like talking to a brick wall (with less brains than one to). I think he's been smoking the funny stuff for too long also. I have explained and even slapped into him several times that any stock KDX of the same era would put the DT175 to shame. Even my crappy 87 CR80 rips him. I guess some people just can't be told or even shown. Thanks again guys.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…