DTX style setup on WP AER 48 forks

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Pete - I'm hoping you can answer this for me and anyone else who might be interested.

I've been reading about the WP-USD AER 48 forks and was wondering if it's still possible to shorten them and valve them for use in a DTX bike setup like you and Jeremy ( www.MX-Tech.com ) have done in the past with conventional USD forks? The complexities of modern forks has far surpassed my meager knowledge so I figured I'd ask an expert.

For those unfamiliar with a DTX setup here's an example of a CRF450 MX-Tech did for me a few years back.

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
Rich,
I talked to Jeremy this morning. It can be done . The forks actually need to be physically shortened internally to make this happen . As well as a volume change to the compression side of the forks .

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Cool thanks Pete. I'm thinking about picking up a 2016 KTM 125 SX but I'd want it to turn as good as my CRF450, so the DTX treatment would be mandatory.

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
Very cool Rich. The 16 125 SX has the WP 4 CS forks that have springs in them.
And these are a bit easir to lower and set up for DTX , as travel limiting spacer can be installed.
the 2017 125 SX has the Air fork.

We can make it turn for sure.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…