dual sport?honda xr650l or suzuki drz400s

guts

Sep 14, 2003
ok im wondering which one of these 2 bikes i should get, the honda xr650l or the suzuki drz400s, im leaning toward the suzuki it being lighter which is good for trails, but most of the time i would ride on the highway, since my buddies don't really ever go riding anymore, but im wondering how fast these bikes are not like 0-60 nothing like that but how they are on interstate say speeds 70 mph 80 mph, not that i would be doing this everyday just if i need to i'll have enough bike to do so, but on the trails i ride is alot jumps, creeks, rocks etc, if this helps any im 5,8 145lbs to 150lbs, currently i ride a 03 kx 250 on these same trails which i hear ppl say mx bikes not very trail orientated, which i was on a kdx 220 with quite few mods, but kx is more my style, the kdx just wasn't enough, and no im not saying the kdx is not a good bike, it just wasn't what i was exactly looking for, which now im selling my kx sense i have no people go riding with, and wanting one of the 2 bikes mentioned above sence i love rideing either street or trail, so what do you guys think 400 or the 650 best suit me, im my preference id rather have to much power than not enough, but from what i have seen theres not allot power difference id rather be going down the rode like this :ride: instead of like this :uh: wheres my power, any help will be greatly appreciated.

guts

Sep 14, 2003
Thanks for the reply, on that superman thing your right on that those are some heavy bikes reason i considerd 400 not alot lighter but ever little bit does help :) .

Jun 1, 2004
well, the 600 is also tall and wide, the 400 doesent have mutch less power and i have found out that the engine is the drz400e engine by suzuki. One of my cousins has one of those and he loves it.

guts

Sep 14, 2003
well main reason now im thinking suzuki, my local honda dealer just doesnt wanna deal, i dont guess, and heres why i think this, i went in there told guy i was wanting xr 650l, well they didnt have any in so i ask him what was best deal he could give me on one anyway, and i told him im not talking finance wise ethier im talking cash, well he starts putting numbers in calculater, then i knew it wasnt going be good he tells me 6085.00 , then i say thats best you can do cash he then says what do thinks is a good price out door, well i tell him i might go 5,500 at the most cash, well he takes it to his boss which says he cant do any better than $5,745, so id rather go suzuki 400 or there 650 here's why i can get the 400 right at 5,200 out the door, tax&tag everything, well sticker is reg 5,499 so thats pretty good, and also the dr 650 is only 4,999 begin with so i know ill get it cheaper than the dr 400, but wanna make sure i get a bike i can run on the road without getting killed cause of lack of speed power deal but still yet get crazy in the dirt, just looking for one that will take me to work maybe a buddies house or something, without haveing to mod right off to be happy, or the cheapest one to buy to mod where i will come out cheaper or not be saying sure wish i would have got that one instead only reason for so much concern with the dr 400 is i hear its a awesome trail bike but havent heard alot about road worthyness, like as a commuter bike, or like a good trip to the mountains which is only around 50 miles away from me,so im still not sure yet but im getting there, thanks for the help i really appriciate it.

guts

Sep 14, 2003
well i made my mind up im going with the suzuki drz400s, and if it dont have enough power the big bore kit allways good option, ;) , thanks, be safe all, later

Top Bottom