Status
Not open for further replies.

drisheavy

Nov 24, 2002
This is a warning to those who ride offroad intoxicated in the commi state of california. while california politicians were thinking about handing out drivers licenses to illegal aliens my license was confiscated by san bernadino sherrifs, 7 of them to be exact. I had a few beers and went for a ride on my daughters xr80, i was out in the desert the whole time untill i rode over a quiet 2 lane road to go back home and then was when it all happened , i got stopped. the rest is not so long ago history. the bike was towed, stored at $30.00 a day , which I found out later! now it would cost more to pull it out than buy a new one. anyway there it is , if anybody has had similar fun give me some advice, they told me a person can get a dui on horseback or riding a motorized skateboard.signed a Nevada resident

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i doubt that you'll find much sympathy here.

i tend to believe in no harm, no foul. but then again, i think drunk drivers should have the book thrown at them.

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
jeez. Yeah man. One of my neighbors got arrested for being drunk on a moped.
It was good for a laugh! Lost his moped.

Not cool to drink and ride, 'specially on the road.

Having said that, whatever happened to "Get off and walk it home!"
Thats all I ever heard from the local men in blue when I was a kid and running up the sidewalks to get to the neighborhood trails.

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
Here in MN, you can get a DUI on your snowmobile and loose your vehicle driver's license in the process too.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Seven cops? You didn't try to slip away from them eh? They get a little weirded out when you do that.

Why seven?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
You broke the law, plain and simple.. Hopefully you learned a lesson before you hurt somebody.. WHy did you wait so long too get your daughters bike out of impound??
Rick

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Nothing like being a good role model for the daughter!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Commi State of California? Why is that? Because they enforce their laws? :silly:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
Dick's rules for Drunken Driving #1. buy your own land. stay on your own land and -> #2 make your own rules. ..adendum #1, cops tell me they can arrest you on private property for reckless driving, so......buy land well away from the road. :thumb: universal rule #3, don't look for sympathy after breaking the law, the last judge I stood before told me that one after having to serve a bench warrant on me. there, i hope these help. I'm here TO HELP!

drisheavy

Nov 24, 2002
lets see first, how come it took so long to try getting xr from storage, the cops said I needed to show proof of ownership.I bought the xr without a title, honda was no help at all getting title info, I know the dmv would have been some help after many many hours of time in the phone that I didnt have, I was getting prepared for the insurance onslaught from statefarm and working. next question" commi state?" I grew up in the high desert of california, i lived out in the middle of nowhere, we rode anywhere we wanted, then along came the desert protection act under the guise of the desert tortoise and the endangered species act. most of the desert of off limits to atv,s some areas you cant even mountain bike. the OHV areas they set up originally were pretty good sized, but then they said look there is damage occuring we need to limit the size and then we will start a geensticker program and on and on. commi state? try to get a concealed carry weapons permit in the golden state,rosie can but you won't, the taxes are very excessive for the middle class to pay for all the social programs. most factories have pulled out of cal because of the EPA and the intense taxes. all the while the border stays wide open, which puts an intense burden on the locals, back to the dui on the xr 80 yes I was ignorant i admit that, wait till your states go to .08 then we will see who sniffles. that is two beers in a 4 hour period if you weigh 140lbs and you are done. I did not post this story to get sympathy only to educate a few who i know will throw a few beers in there backpack and go ride. I most positively think that getting behind the wheel of an automobile while drinking is very bad, it kills thousands of people a year, I have'nt drank and driven in over 20 years. but if your telling me that riding a mini bike after a couple of beers is the same as operating a 3,4,or 5000 lb vehicle is the same, I beg to differ, I have learned a massive lesson from this and will never do it again. p.s The DMV said you could get a dui standing in your garage with the keys to your car in your pocket if you are within 100 feet of your auto. anyway one xr is gone I still have 2 xr's left for my 2 daughters , a mx100 vintage, dt100 kdx200 new and a dr 350, license plates on the last two cause most trails in commi cal require street legal bikes. I probably will not respond to any more questions causes I would rather be outside than hanging out on a tv with buttons, signed Jammin Jer

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
What happened to you drisheavy seems a little harsh to say the least, unless of course you had given the cops a reason. I'll stay away from the PC groaning and just say "stay out of cali" you'll be much safer.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Well, I kinda abide by the DirtWeek rule, you pop open a barley pop, yer done riding for the day. It doesn't take a mental giant.

And most states are .08 now. Hell, here in Idaho, with my CDL, I gotta keep 'er under .06. It ain't worth the risk, so I let momma drive.

And I definitely don't "throw a couple beers in the backpack", or ride the kid's bike after imbibing. :|

almost sounds like someone needs the waaaahmbulance. :think:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I'm with ya Pred...
Beer and bikes do not mix. Same with beer and (boats/jet-skis/cars/scooters/etc.).

It just isn't worth it (as we are all observing by this little story).

-jeffd

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
You know the bigger issue is drinking itself. We talk alot about dont drink and ______(fill in the blanks)

I personally drink only on occasion, usually if its being served at a get together or whatever. The only occasion I buy alcohol is for gifts, or once in a while the wife and I will get a bottle of wine and have a few glasses on the weekend. (In the evening, when we're not going anywhere...<wink> <wink>)

In any case, I happen to know more than a few people who simply drink all the time. ITs part of their regular routine. You know the type, always a beer in hand. Then, no matter what they do, they are drinking/drunk. Sad.
MY Brother is that way, and he's lost his license, is on probation,,etc etc... just doesnt seem worth it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom