fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Recently finshed a series of tests using Dumonde Tech DTP racing oil. In the past I've tried Spectro, Klotz, Torco, Maxima, Bel-Ray, Mobile, Yamalube, Honda, Motul, Silkolene, Optima, and Blue Marble.

I've become very skeptical of oils living up to the advertised claims after trying a dozen different oils with varied results. This oil lives up to it's claims. Very clean burning even with purposely rich jetting and riding in technical conditions. Excellent power charateristics. Does not seem to affect fuel value negatively, it seems to improve it.

For best results, tune jetting using the wet oil line dimension procedure I posted the procedure in the in the Maintenance forum. http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89935 It's well worth the time and effort spent to get it right.

This is a keeper as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

elf

Jun 7, 2003
Hey Fish Its been a few days and I have been thinking about this oil. The hgnr website says you may have to richen your jetting when using this oil. I know when you change oil ratios for instance 32:1 to 50:1 the motor will run richer. So you will need to lean your jetting. But I would think a oil that does not have a negative affect on fuel value would be more like switching from 32:1 to 50:1 making it run richer. Am I all mixed up or what?

ps2112

Jan 27, 2003
I used Dumonde Tech Oil for a year and really liked it. The reason I switched was I got a sponsorship from Motorex. So far I am very happy with the Motorex and the price is a lot cheaper.
As a side note, the Dumonde folks are great to work with. They sponsored a tuning seminar near my home in Puyallup and it was well worth the time. The wet line jetting is the only way to go, although a bit cumbersome until you learn it

Cheers

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
1) I would suggest how it affects fuel value is the key to understanding the jetting change. It does bring somthing to the equation that requires slightly richer jetting to realize full benefit. They have a toll free number and are happy to discuss it with you. 1-877 609 4467 Andy or Stuart are usually there.

2) It burns clean and complete so don't worry about the "extra" oil if you are currently running 50:1. 32:1 is fine and preferred. If you are on the pipe you might try more. The guy who twisted my arm to try this runs 20:1 in a 125.

3) "The wet line jetting" or "pull the pipe method" is the quickest way to get jetting dialed if you aren't running some form of data aqquisiton.

Top Bottom