Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Just picked up the May issue of Racer X. On page 16/17 there is a Dunlop ad with a cool picture of Torlelli doing his best to move a berm with out a bull dozer. Anyway, as I was admiring the picture I notice that Tortelli looks a little cubby. On closer inspection it appears he is wearing a chest protector under his jersey. Anybody know what brand he is wearing? Or is he not working out as much as some would believe?

------------------

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Hummmm... I never really noticed that, but on inspection he does look kinda big in that photo. If he is wearing a chest protector under there I would reason it might be a Thor Scattershield. It is a fairly small plastic protector and I have seen other run them under the jersey before.

------------------

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Tortelli wears a chest protector under his jersey. I saw a pic in MXRacer or Racer X wear his jersey was ripped off at the US Open and he had what looked like an Acerbis of some sort. Very similar to the Scattershield.

By the way, It looked like (judging by the berm) he needed a that 756 instead. Looked Soft! ;)

------------------
Mion
OCCRA #19

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Oh yeah Smitty I remeber that picture. It was from behind if I remeber correctly. It was hard to tell what kind it might be. It kinda looked like some bicycle protectors I've seen.

------------------

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Off topic:
Shane it is my understanding that you'll be at Rocky Ridge Sunday?
Off topic off:

Is is me or do the tires in the pictures NOT look like the tires on his bike?

------------------
Lloyd TMTC #540 - Y2K KTM 250 E/XC
Please sign my Guestbook at My Homepage
"You're fast 'cause the fast guys stayed home!!"

Top Bottom