mx4life

Feb 8, 2007
I was trying to clean my dust seals for the first time today and i couldnt seem how to get them out, i tried to pry it out with a screw driver and they didnt seem to budge, anyone kno how i should get them out?
thanks [i also dont want to wreak anything trying to gt them out :D]

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I usually just take a tooth brush and soapy water and gently clean the dirt out. The seals only come out during an actual disassembly of the fork.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
forks have 2 seals.. Dust seals and the oil seals.. And the dust seals can come out without disassembly.

You should be able to use a small screwdriver to pry them out.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Some of you folks need to learn you don't have to answer questions you don't have a clue about the answer. You should be able to remove the dust seal/wiper simply by putting a screwdriver between the wiper and the top of the fork and working it down. Then you can spray contact cleaner or whatever other method you desire to clean the stuck dirt away from the oil seal.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Chili said:
Some of you folks need to learn you don't have to answer questions you don't have a clue about the answer.

:laugh:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Chili said:
Some of you folks need to learn you don't have to answer questions you don't have a clue about the answer. QUOTE]

Thank you for posting that Chili. I couldn't agree more. :nod:

Top Bottom