Dusty, wet, muddy, tacky in that order

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I went riding last night and experienced a full range of conditions. It hasn’t rained here for a long time so the track has been very dusty. We’re talking 6” and more of talcum powder dust. While we were riding a rain storm blew in and we thought we were in for a nice track watering. We kept riding while it was raining, thinking that the dust would get knocked down.

Well the nice rain turned into a down pour and we got drenched. No one would stop riding (for fear of being called a Nancy) so we kept riding. It got soooo greasy that I went down on a turn and stopped doing the doubles. We couldn’t see very good at all. It was fun. The rain eventually stopped and we felt it was safe to pull off the track. After we wrung out our gear we headed out again. The grease turned to deep mud and I was having a blast. My buddies don’t like riding in the mud so I was enjoying blasting past them down the hills and blowing around them on the turns as they slipped and slid, dragging their feet for balance.

Eventually the mud turned into nice tacky dirt that hooked up like a dream. It was perfect. The only problem was that it was starting to get dark and I had over a mile trip through the woods to get back home. I had brought a flashlight to tape to my front fender incase I needed to but I just went for it and trusted my night vision. Too bad I didn’t have “fog” vision too. Once I hit the trail it got very dark and foggy. What usually takes me a few minutes took 15 minutes. I made it home OK but it was quite an adventure.

I can’t wait for the next rain.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Hmmmm.....

Sounds like a WRF should be next in line for you Dave! Taping a flashlight to the front fender???Sheesh!:scream: ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I never actually did tape it to the fender. I just brought it along for insurance.

If I was riding your WRF, I wouldn’t have gotten so muddy ;)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
(announcer voice on)
Ooff!!
What a powerfull left hook delivered to the chin of The Teflon Rider by I Got Roosted Guy.
Oh the Humanity!!;)
(announcer voice off)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Only Nancy's quit riding after dusk! :scream:
Real men have lights on their bikes. ;)

I'm thinking a night time poker run for the Spodefest Nor'east is in order. :)

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Stick and move, Stick and move!

DOOOH! :eek:

Papa, you forgot to mention that left hook slipping OFF the chin! ;) Remember, nothing sticks!

Top Bottom