samham

Nov 22, 2002
Sounds like the end of the 'big rig' contract which I am surprised he landed...He has shown so much potential over the years that has never materialized. After I read the following it sounded like a polite, don't come back and don't expect a renewal...I got the info from over at racerx

July 18, 2008

Rockstar Makita Suzuki's Vuillemin to Sit Out Remainder of AMA MX Season
- press release -

Brea, CA (July 18, 2008) – American Suzuki Motor Corp. (ASMC) announced today that David Vuillemin with the professional advice of his team has decided to sit out the remainder of the Motocross Nationals to enable him to recover fully from his many injuries throughout this very disappointing and frustrating year.

“I’d like to thank the team for the continual support I’ve received from all at Suzuki, Particularly Roger DeCoster for his patience and understanding,” said Vuillemin.

“We feel it best for David to sit out the rest of the season and get himself healthy,” said DeCoster. “We wish David the best in his future endeavors.”

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
David stated in a recent interview that he was moving back to Europe to race there.

There aren't too many people that can say they ran down and passed McGrath while he was in his prime in Supercross. DV never really seemed to recover his confidence fully after breaking his back. I'm not sure he has been healthy for long either.

I think a lot of people questioned Tim Ferry and Micheal Bryne getting back their factory rides but they seem to be back at the front of the pack now that they are healthy.

David has always been a little too French for a lot us (Americans) but has always seemed to make an effort to show his appreciation for his fans. I respect him for that and wish him luck.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
samham said:
Sounds like the end of the 'big rig' contract which I am surprised he landed...He has shown so much potential over the years that has never materialized. After I read the following it sounded like a polite, don't come back and don't expect a renewal...

Given that he has already signed a Kawasaki deal to race the World Championships next year I would imagine he's expecting nothing from Suzuki.

As far as potential that never materialized, the guy is one of the few who gave RC all he could handle. Halfway through the 02 SX season he had a 20 point lead on RC before a practice crash caused him to miss a round and ride injured for several more yet he still managed to finish within 35 points of RC and at the time of his injury had 3 wins to RC's 4. Dude showed pretty darn well in my opinion.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
DV also won the MXdN and a world supercross title.

While he did not rack up any major championships in the McGrath/Carmicheal eras, he was one of the top riders in the world and has had a career many pro riders would envy.

I hope he recovers fully and does well next year.

hellbertos

Feb 17, 2004
Thought I'd weigh in briefly on this one even though I was never really a DV fan (or detractor for that matter), but that guy hauled a$$ on a dirt bike. Seemed to never really regain his consistancy even though he's shown flashes of his old speed here and there. Anyone remember Vegas a couple years ago??

I too wish DV12 the best. I think he is good for the sport.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
After seeing some photos/reading some info about his wife and her lack of anything even resembling encouragement or support but instead what looks like a nagging, negative, drip, drip, drip, it makes me wonder if his lack of interest and desire started when he got married. Anyone know when that was? A condecending and controling woman will bring a man down.....

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
After seeing some photos/reading some info about his wife and her lack of anything even resembling encouragement or support but instead what looks like a nagging, negative, drip, drip, drip, it makes me wonder if his lack of interest and desire started when he got married. Anyone know when that was? A condecending and controling woman will bring a man down.....
I gotta second that one!

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
I met him at Budds a few years ago.Nice guy and great rider.One of those guys who does many things the way you're not supposed to.Didn't seem to matter.I'll be a fan 'til he's done.

Top Bottom