HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Has anyone given much thought to having a Vintage race at Dirt Week? I would be happy to help and have a few contacts in AHRMA and Vintage NW. I have always held the opinion that a true motocross jamboree should have some of these seventy year olds and their BSA's spicing up the show, those old bikes couldn't handle the track at Cooperland but the Evolution classes could. It is a hoot when the Maicos, CZ's, Can-ams, etc are whippin it up. Anyway - a thought.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
It's a good idea but there were only about 5 or 7 vintage bikes at dirtweek. And 5 of 'em were mine. I don't mind racing with Lou in the "C" class. :p

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by XRpredator
we could all ride Wes' bikes . . . ;)

... and then sit in comfy chairs while we watch him clean the dirt off . :aj:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by VintageDirt
Should I bring the chairs too?

Just make sure you have coffee.  Chips n Salsa would be nice too.

Maybe if HobRoff could get some more people interested, this whole Vintage thing could fly.  Someone needs to give Wes a run for his money in the "Coolest Bike" category :cool:

I once owned a 1983 Honda Puch Moped.  If I still had it, I might give Wes a run for his money ;)

Last edited:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
I once owned a 1983 Honda Puch Moped.  If I still had it, I might give Wes a run for his money ;)
My money is on the run already. I'm purdy sure there won't be a three-peat next year.

Even though I might be out of the runnin' for cool bike award next year, I'm thinking up a new chile recipe and Lou's photo is on my dart board. :laugh:

No need to worry about the coffee cuz you've given me a package of Starbucks two years in a row now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom