motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Originally posted by TTRGuy

I hope my post didn't cause any long term hard feelings.

Absolutely no hard feelings. :) We didn't know about the finishes until Okie posted them! I did just find out that BSWIFT doesn't have any plaques though, so I guess we'll wait until the 'stashless One cleans out his trailer! :scream: :) Okie, I would be honored to cover shipping for both plaques to help expedite this resolution. PM me the cost and address.

Sending Mike's top-end to Eric this winter for "mo' better everywhere" & "bigbore" so A class 1st place.. look out! :aj:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Motodawg..you can help me out. I found three plaques in the trailer. One for you and one for your son, I think

A-class Second Place - Mike Henson #141...YZ125 ...right?

B-class Third Place - Motodawg (Cal Henson) YZ250.... also #141???

B-class Second Place - EZRider (Scott Lopez)

If correct, can I use the address in the Registration forms to mail the two plaques?..... again, congrats to both of you and of course EZRider...

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Pokie! Thank goodness we can finish this. Please send the A Class 2nd Place to Mike Henson using the address on the registration. Drop #141 from the B results and send the plaque to #69 Doug Dalton. Congrats Doug, sorry for the confusion! Please enclose shipping costs and a return address. I don't want the DW fund paying for my mistake! Thanks! :)

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
That's very big of you and your son. I suspect Okie will approve your move. But one more issue: if you harescrambled with ELK, then Motohead is incorrectly listed as Elk's partner.... it should be Motodawg, and Elk in position #11, right?
We do want to get the names correct at least!...thanks for your help.

NEVER MIND..... I am the confused one. Sorry Motohead!

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by blackhawk468
Wrench cutting the track and jumping in front of people wasn't cool at all. ... then Wrench jumps in front of me 4 seperate times, he couldn't hold a line at all zig zagging across the track so I couldn't jump in fear of landing on him.

However, I had a ton of fun in the Women's race battling with Nikki, well until I crashed.
DO you remember who it was that picked you and your bike up? Oh yeah, and who started it for you as well?
You are welcome. You rode a hell of a race

Did I cut the track? YES, in a most obvious manner.
Did I "jump" in front of people? NO, I do not jump!
Can I hold a line? Only when near a jump, I NEVER ZIG ZAG AT JUMPS!
If I was in a "line" that you wanted .. oh well, that's racing.

Get over it! The races at DW are for fun, not competition. Do I do this kind of stuff in my regular race series? NO. If I didn't know how to conduct myself during a real race, I wouldn't have finnished 4th overall in my class this season ....eventhough it was a "D" class and Truespud took 2nd!

I apologize to anyone that was "impeded" by my actions. Although, last place doesn't leave much room for "impeded" riders! :silly:

wrench

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The 141's were also my tag team partners, and quite good ones at that!

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Motodawg, very cool. That's all my suggestion was about. Sorry if I upset you. I saw your son all week and was very impressed. I used to fly C-141's in the USAF, so his number always caught my eye, (as he flew past me) :)

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
DW was the first time I ever considerered entering a "race" and if you saw me in the woods during the HS you understand I use the term "race" very loosely. My partner and I prefered to use the term participants rather than racers. The hardest part of the event for me was deciding what song to sing as I bounced off the trees. I finally settled in on Rollercoaster of Love, Chili Peppers version. I had an absolute blast. If you didn't enter, you missed a lot of fun. Fun in the trees, fun BS'ing while my partner was poking around in the woods, it was great.

A couple of highlights for me: my partner (look it up, don't want to embarass him) lowsiding into my rear tire for the tag and almost taking out the folks standing next to us, watching SFO (i think it was him) hauling butt across the grass track on one wheel. That was once sweeeeet wheelie.

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Pokie,
Mike and Cal (me) Henson partnered with the very fine gentlemen, Jaybird in the Tag Team MX. :cool: Mike and Jay carried the team I merely ran the wristband around the track. Also, to his credit in Moto 1 of the B, after dogging his butt for 3 laps the Jaybird would not relinquish his position to me and pulled smartly away. Nice ride Jay! :aj:

I did not have the pleasure of partnering with the infamous Elk in Harescrambles! :confused: And, although I have been called a "four-letter-word" ..head before, it was never, "moto" ..head. :)

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
So, after further review, Doug Dalton (the C'Dale man) moves up to the podium for a third place finish in B-class. Plaque will be shipped to Doug c/o Michman.
thanks Mike H for your acquiescence; Mike qualified for A-class and therefore cannot also qualify in the B-class.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Woo hoo... now I got 7th in the B class :confused:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
This is really confusing cause I wore the #1 Jersey in the Pro race, teamed with CRswade in the Hare Scramble, beat PK in the Smack race, Got 5 Aces in the nightime and day time poker runs and got attacked by wild dingos in camp.:confused::)

I had the best time riding those damned woods with Motohead as a partner. I couldn't stop smiling the whole way through, kinda killed my aerodynamics though! The smack race with Twinny was just plain fun and if we had more time, we were gonna have a nice "orchestrated" race for everyone to enjoy. The races on Saturday were flat out funtastic, although, I probably shouldn't have ridden the "A" class and am guilty as charged for lining up with Doug, Billy and Guy.

Now Bundy and PK, why already are you gunnin for dear old me?:moon: You both are gonna taste some Elk roost next year but we'll save that for a new DW03 smack talk post!;)

I guess it's gonna happen no matter what you do, mixing hardcore racers with folks that just want to have fun and don't care where we place. Let's not ruin this, or next year Okie will change the rules and make the longest lap time 1st place! How slow can YOU go up the step up?

Last edited:

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Originally posted by a454elk
..although, I probably shouldn't have ridden the "A" class and am guilty as charged for lining up with Doug, Billy and Guy.
Now Elk, Mike said the reason he got around you in the 2nd A moto is because you took a soil sample! :eek: Don't be so modest! :confused: After all, "The North American elk, or wapiti, are among the most majestic animals on the continent." Stand tall, wapiti! :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Yeah yeah yeah! I was just curious as to the makeup of the soil since so many others had been there before!:)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I just noticed that I am shown as finishing 12th in the MX-B class. I didn't race MX Saturday. Heck, I didn't even put my gear on Sat. Must have been another #7 out there. :cool:

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Got it! That was Colby Post #7 on a RM100. Real life racin' buddy of Fastpuppy. By the way, 3rd place C class is Colby's dad, Donnie Post - #7x.
Dan Post makes some damn nice boots, though! :)

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Zio & VD finishing 19th in the HS! I've never had so much fun in an offroad race. And it was the first time ever that when I came in for the last lap, I was bummed it was over.

I think 17th through 22nd place finishers swapped places at least once a lap. That was a hoot, mixing it up with Scar, Jaybird, & Bob (#77 kTm). It seems like every lap, we were out on the course within seconds of each other. Thanks ot Jaybird, though, I was able to pull a decisive lead (read: cut the course) when he took a wrong turn deep in the woods ;)

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
we still need help in identifying some riders in the race results.
thanks

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
MrMXer identified mistery rider #102 as Boneman, David Farabaugh
thanks

We still need to identify three Jrs:

#1...53.....111

Top Bottom