ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
Without a doubt I visit this site at least 2-3 times daily to read any new garb I can find, Like probably many other readers I have seen Dirt Week a million times and thought to myself that Okiehoma is one hell of a drive from Kalifornia and I take the family riding almost every damn weekend anyway.

I spent the better part of my coffee morning reading posts and really digging into what DW is all about and I must say my mind has changed. :bang:
I am sorry as hell it is less than 2 weeks away because there is no way I could plan for such a trip in that short of time, however I will sit down and and talk to the wife and see if we cant plan next years event.
1,700 miles with motorhome, kids, dog and bikes in tow would make the trip almost 2 weeks long. :ohmy:
It would be really nice to put names with faces,
I wish everyone a safe trip and a great time, I'm gonna miss a ride with Malcom! :bang:

Lets hope IVAN misses the event all together!

Richard.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Like you, I had read about Spodefest and Dirtweek for years and there was no way I was going to miss another party. So I started planning for my first Dirtweek (DW03) in November of 2002! After 10 months of planning, and 1,400 miles (one way) of driving, I have to say that the event exceeded my over inflated expectations. My sons and I had the time of our life. One of my son’s commented that it was like Disney for dirt riders…and he is correct. It truly is a celebration of the time and money you and your family have committed to this wonderful, all absorbing, sport.

So, start planning for DW05 now. Commit to it...you will not regret it.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I joined DRN in April of 02 and never gave DW 02 a thought, over 2000 miles of round trip driving to an event I didn't know much about. By the time DW 02 rolled around and the stories and daily postings from Milk poured in I was filled with regrets that we didn't make the trek. I made the commitment that we were going to do DW 03 and find out for ourselves. My son has a bad injury 2 weeks before departure that cancels DW 03 for us and it was excruciating to watch the week pass by and then the post DW posting of all we missed. To give you an idea of how bad my son wants to make this trip, we have a 15 race season schedule up here and he's willing to miss the last 2 races of the season to make the trek. Holding my breath as he has one more race weekend to make it through before we depart. I look forward to meeting you at DW 05!

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
I am just a little curious as to how many people go to DW?
100? 150? and will the location change?

If 05 is in FL. there is no way I will be able to make it happen, I wouldn't want to put 8,000 miles on my motorhome and drive across the complete other side of the country.

But then again, this is DW 04 not 05 so I will have to sit, be patient and check the posts from everyone who attends.
Why is it that i notice a ton of people who's names I have never seen before post in the DW forum? Maybe DW is so fun that its the only place they choose to post...

With all the damn members we have I hope its a total sell out, those who have spent money to make this happen I hope it all works out for them too.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
ironworker said:
Lets hope IVAN misses the event all together!

I am missing it. I am being laid off and my final week is during DW. I have to stay to get my severence pay and I do not want to use a weeks worth of vacation that I'll probably need during the downtime while looking for a job.

Ivan

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
truespode said:
I am missing it. I am being laid off and my final week is during DW. I have to stay to get my severence pay and I do not want to use a weeks worth of vacation that I'll probably need during the downtime while looking for a job.

Ivan

WTF???
LOL :laugh: You can't be serious

I ment the Hurricane, if all else is true i'm sorry but i thought your occupation was slacker? slackers get severence? :nener:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Gary...we'd better find each other this time. I never did get to talk to you last year, but I did drive your's friend and his kid to the hospital.

Top Bottom