Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Billywho will be in attendance with several set/sizes of knee braces for attendees to try on... if you are in the market for some knee protection, here's your chance to see how they fit/feel.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
sounds like a great idea, I've been itching to get some knee protection but I'm weary of buying things online without trying them first (cost also may be a small issue :D )

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I agree about the cost. I'd love a pair. I might've talked my parents into a pair for Christmas purely by accident. I was telling my father about them this past weekend, how good they are to prevent injuries etc. He seemed shocked I didn't have a pair already. Even though I'm thirty five they still care.:)

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I would love to try some on, but will not be able to make dirtweek!:( I just talked to an orthapedic doc and he said that using kneebraces in a high inpact sport like MX as a preventitive measure will make injuries worse! I will research that though and find out if it is true!

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
KX,
I'd like to hear more about that comment. Is the whole world wrong then?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Kawie,
Anyone who has crashed while wearing braces will laugh just like Okie did.

Even in the most severe car crashes on can get killed wearing a seatbelt....should we stop using them?

I remember grandma saying something about an ounce of prevention.....:think

Besides, who will that ortho see if you stop having knee injuries? Oh... I know...skiers!

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
DW FYI: Asterisk Brace Demo
Wheeaw..when I first read the header I was picturing me laying on the ground with Okie repeatedly running my leg over to prove a point:p , with a big smile on his face of course:D .

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I would like to try a set on. Justql, the only way you could win a pair of these braces is if you swipe my ticket!:p
Note to self, "Bring lock box to bolt down in Justql's Tailgator.":think

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Contingency plans.....

Anyone traveling through Oklahoma on their way home from Dirtweek? If I win anything, I may be thumbing!

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
I've got it covered. I'm bringing 3 lucky rabbits foots, 1) 4 leaf clover, 4 different priest/reverends, a lucky stone that I found last night... oohh there's a penny! I'm bringing that also.
Now I didn't use these on the power ball last week so I could keep them fresh for DW01 Think I have a chance;)

Top Bottom