dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Just had the thought come to me.. Are there enough people with stuff to sell/trade to setup something? I would love to pickup some stuff for cheap and I'm sure other people have stuff they would love to get rid of

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
I was thinking the same thing, kids gear, spare parts from bikes long gone, bike stuff that Billy and Gomer have not yet broken..., gear I wish I still fit in..., tools, haulers, all kinds of possibilities.

:thumb:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
The swap meet think sounds like a good idea. I have a childs Fox chest protector that I'm bring. I planned on just hanging it up out side the tent with a for sale sign.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Oh sure, bring your stuff to DW. I thought DW was a place to go ride, hangout and not have to spend any money during the week. :think:

Opps, forgot i bought a new bike at DW last year. :) Sounds like a good idea.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I've got boat loads of good gear I'm bringing, Thor CP's , etc.

B

biglou

I can see it now: Everyone brings all their stuff to sell, and buys all of someone else's stuff, and everyone goes home with the same amount of stuff, it's just different stuff! lol

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
Wednesday there is a slot open (2:30-3:30). Would that work? Or is another time that would work better since some people will be filtering in later that week. Maybe Saturday during the breaks? Ideas?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Hmmm....I can go home with all kinds of new stuff! All I have is one thing to sell...but I love to buy!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'm in--but most of what I have will be hard to sell. I have 2 sets of gear that I have long since grown out of, so any of you slender gals might be interested. Got an old pair of boots too. I will also bring some old parts I don't need/use anymore, and small stuff like mounting bolts for rally guards on NON-pro taper bars, etc.

If we do this, will there be a communal area for the stuff? It'd be easier that way for those looking to buy, since there is less chance they'll miss some stuff. Then we'd need a way to tag everything. How safe will the stuff be?

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
I have a couple of bikes to sell.........you'll have to catch me not riding them, but I am interested getting them into a new home.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I have a 1976 TS-185 that I'm selling. I don't plan on bringing it but if someone wants to look at it I'll throw her in the bike hauler. Let me if you have any interest and I'll shoot you a picture.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Last year I had some gear for sale- Just put it outside the camper with a sign. Couple times it disappearred but either showed up later (after being tried on) or someone came up with $$. I guess with this crew I wasn't worried about the honesty factor:thumb:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I think each camp should have an area for the items for sale.  It will encourage people to introduce themselves to other DRNers.  Some of us do not need encouragement, but others might.

Top Bottom