MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Okie, In the event that we pull this off and make it to DW01 there isn't going to be any way I can haul firewood 2,000 miles. I know some people will have enough for the big fires at night but I will be looking for some to cook with etc. I wonder if anyone that is fairly close by could arrange to have a cord or two delivered to the site and then sell it to those in need?

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Shouldnt you be preventing fires, instead of promoting them! ;)

I plan on bringing some with me, dont know if i'll be using awhole lot. I cant see building a fire to keep myself warm so i'll probably try to sneak near someone elses fire. I'll bringing firewood as a welcoming gift. :p

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Hehehe - Actually my Icon is more of an ANTI-ICON. Thump created that for me after the Muenster spodefest. One night I built a fire that still had flames the next morning.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'll see what I can dig up. I don't want to carry it even 250 miles :think

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Have you considered a camp stove for cooking, TTRGuy? We bought a cheapo one from Wal-Mart, uses the same fuel bottles as the lanterns. We'll have use of a motorhome, so we can lend you ours (as long as we remember to bring it!!)

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Seems like last year there was a BIG PILE of wood just to the right of the starting line. Maybe all we need is a chainsaw?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'll be bringing and using a Coleman stove also. Much more convenient than a fire. Anyone who wants to use it just needs to ask.:)
I like the idea of chipping in for some wood to burn at night though.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by LoriKTM
Have you considered a camp stove for cooking, TTRGuy?

Oh my goodness! She said Camp Stove!! Now she's gonna get it. Lori, you've never camped with TTRGuy before have you? ;)

Uhh, we will be in a camper this year. It does have a stove....or would that be defying the laws of camping? :p

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
:think hmm, I guess there's a story here! Ya know, at least with a camp stove you can control the burn. On an open fire, there are no limits!
Gospeed, I guess you'd better not leave any matches lying around where little fingers might find them!! ;)

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Actually I would be willing to bet that I can control the heat on a fire better than a camp stove AND I can get LOTS of heat :) Maybe I just should have stated that I LOVE FIRE :p

Camp stoves are NOT an option and neither are those sissy stoves in campers! Hehehe

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
No offense guys, but remind me to park FAR,FAR away from your camper! :eek:

Top Bottom