Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I have decided to only bring two flattops due to room. Sounds like we will have more than enough for some pickin'

I think our most appreciated work will probably be done around the bombfire:) But maybe if things go right we could have a nice production with the whole schmear for Friday night? (shrug)

Folks, I hate country music, but I grew up playing it and my Dad even used to drag me into the local radio station on Saturday mornings to pick and grin live. Like I said, I hate country music, but If we get to playing some of it, and you just absolutely can't stand it and start throwing tomato's and red dirt....I'm sure that Jeff and I can find some real nice Ferlin Husky or Hank Sr. tunes that we could bang out all night long for ya just for punishment.....(LOL...till 11:00 anywho!)
I guess my point is this, we will prolly SUCK so don't expect American Idol. :)
Ever wonder why bands wait till the crowd has been drinking for awhile before they do the first set? LOL.....

Oh and BTW....I always use standard strings, O-ring strings are not the way to go..let me explain........
:debil:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
If you can substitute Levee Breaks, Stairway for any other Led Zep songs, that'd be awesome. I've got several favs that I'd love to hear (Ten Years Gone, That's The Way, How Many More Times, etc.) Dang, wish I had bothered to read this thread weeks ago.

Last edited:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
man, you guys are soooo lucky i sold my gear 10 years ago to join the local gym. otherwise..."ladies and gentelmen, put your hands together for rich grossnickle and constrictor..!" wWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-YEEEAAAAAWAAAWAAAWAAA...........man, i'm gettin' all worked up just thinkin' about it....here's one for you zio..."WEEEE-WAAAwwwwAAAAWAAAAWAAA,...yeh, gotsta" a lil RG doing sweaty teddie live, great white buffalo... :yeehaw:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
oh wow! a Led head! I wish I already knew those songs, no time to practice between now and then. I prolly can't hang with the likes of Jay and Jeff anyway on the pickin', but if someone happens to have the lyrics to a song I could try to sing a bit (after about a 12 pack of course) as long as we aren't talking Pantera, Coal Chamber, etc.

i'll bring an extra signal cable and maybe a pedal or two just in case.
...and maybe some ear plugs to pass around :)

Not sure if I can bring a guitar, the one I wanted to bring was just borrowed by a friend, and I don't think I'd better bring the Les Paul. If all else fail, put me down for the position of "sound guy"!

Last edited:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Jeff, I assume you were planning to run your equipment off of a generator. Do you run a power conditioner, or isn't that needed? Just curious.

I have a cheapo Digitek pedal board I could bring for a bit of vocal effects (has compressor, verb, ddl, etc), what do you think?

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
let me tell ya moto, bring the efex, they'll be needed pre-buz, post buz..nobody'll care. yeh, cheech, i wanna see the generators you guys are gonna have to piggy back for this lil suare'. :thumb:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by sfc crash
let me tell ya moto, bring the efex, they'll be needed pre-buz, post buz..nobody'll care. yeh, cheech, i wanna see the generators you guys are gonna have to piggy back for this lil suare'. :thumb:
The stuff I'm bringing won't pull anymore amps than a coffee pot. It is small and cheap!

Moto, I'm not bringing any effects of any kind. Poor power does digital equipment no good. For DW it's straight out of the gtr into a solid state amp. For Vocals and acoustic gtr I'm bringing the little powered mixer which has a spring reverb. The Bass amp will use the most current but it's not going to have to be pushed I promise.

I basically bringing the PA to be used for announcements and awards, the rest of the stuff I'm bringing in case anyone that might like to enjoy it can. I plan on riding till I can't go any longer. If anyone ever wanted to bang on some drums and never had the chance then this is your time.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
LOL... this is the first time I read through this thread. Jaybird's "jam list" sounds sweet! I hope you guys throw a little somethin together next Friday night - sounds like a good time! The more Zepplin the better... what better music to chill with... Hope you guys take requests... I'd be full of ideas ;)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by nikki
Hope you guys take requests...
I can't speak for the rest but my philosphy has always been to take requests if they are written on the back of a $20 :)

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
The stuff I'm bringing won't pull anymore amps than a coffee pot
man, we used to make amps out'a transitor radios...are you aware of what i speak? any way, you'd put the phone jack right in it, plug it into your "axe" and jam around the campfire...sa-weeet, they sounded like mini marshalls :thumb:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by nikki
The more Zepplin the better... what better music to chill with... ;)

Oh yeah. I'll bring a few CD's. Had the box set, lost them all. Have to burn 'em now.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I'll throw in a little walk man cd player also.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I'll have my mp3 player, it holds like 150-200 songs per disk. I sure wouldn't want to assume my musical taste would please all, though (then again, what would? We all probably have a dif. mix of farorites)

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by motometal
I'll have my mp3 player, it holds like 150-200 songs per disk. I sure wouldn't want to assume my musical taste would please all, though (then again, what would? We all probably have a dif. mix of farorites)

ill have my 10gb MP3 player and its full (seriously, no space left) :aj:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom