Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
As the spode spirit is one of team cohesion - like the Musketeers motto:  All For One And One For All - so are individual achievements and selfless behavior toward fellow spodes. Indeed, these are the hallmarks of this most excellent bunch of people who share not just dirtbike interests but share also the spirit of camaraderie and service to others ..... In recognition of the many who exemplify these rare qualities, Okie on behalf of the membership, recognized the following special individuals:

FARTHEST TRAVELED:

Cam "Camstyn" Mitchell who traveled 33 hours each way from Agassiz, British Columbia, Canada to Dirtweek

DIRTWEEK-OR-BUST:

Patrick "Kav" Kavanaugh who upon completion of his tour-of-duty in Afghanistan and relocation to a Marine base in Yuma, Arizona, did what had to be done to make it to DW'03.... broken bike and broken truck be-damned! Also, we congratulate and salute Kav for his recent promotion to Sargent.

EXOTIC BIKE:

Wes "Vintage Dirt" Baca:for the second year in a row showing off his vintage iron with tags like CZ and MAICO....and rides them for pleasure and competition.

BASKET CASE: 

Richard "Sarge" Grossnickle, aka SFC CRASH: a man with many names and troubles..... wrecking his truck on the way to DW'03 and wrecking his bike during the rain drenched days of dirtweek.... then is seen defogging the place to make it all seem more like home, but also suddenly waving his stern finger at a careless or helmetless fast rider blowing through the pits: what were you thinking there, son?

BUSTERWHO:

In the tradition of the first award winner, billywho, Dale Janus wrecked himself and his bike in a series of unexplainable violation attempts of the laws of physics...

BENCH RACER:

Mick Brejwo who told so many incredible Aussie-accented stories and executed a few in public view at DW'03, hardly fit to be retold.... not that we would publish his performance, in the dark, trying to record reactions of spooked riders targeted by his helmet cam, wearing nothing but a helmet (safety, you know) boots and red 'panties'...... (did the girls see that?)

SPECIAL DIRTWEEK AWARDS:

Tony Eeds: the omnipresent photographer and arranger of spodewash heated water.... thanks for providing this basic comfort service to these otherwise-unwashed masses

Jeff Gilbert: what would our tent dwelling be without his PA system and occasional musical output; his posts on the meaning of 'dirtweek' are recommended reading for newbie and seasoned member alike...

Brian Swift: beloved heartland spode and creator of the spode-shower system, dual system! a generation newer than that seen in MASH units, very practical and a highly appreciated semblance of comforts of home.... sorta!

Eddie "MrLuckey": where would the woods riders ride if it were not for MrLuckey taking the time and trouble to mark the trails for the Poker Run and Hare Scrambles; (I saw trees so close to my pinkie that I tried to tighten the bend of my bars). For the second year in a row we thank Eddie for his tireless efforts.

Keith "PAPAKEITH" Salisbury: if manly size intimidates, Keith got his way by winning the challenge known as COTT (Clash Of The Titans), beating BigLou and late-joiner XRPredator in a 3-lap dual... or "tri-al"?

The grand-daddy of all DW awards...

True-Spode: shared by husband-wife team of Michael "High Lord Gomer" and Lori Nyland. High Lord is indeed an apt description of Gomer who, with wife Lori, and despite personal trials and tribulations, always find the time and energy to come to dirtweek to recharge their community batteries, while energizing everyone with whom they come into contact. Gomer, in between practical jokes and assorted pranks, is seen helping fellow dirtriders solve a mechanical problem while nursing some of his own twisted articulations or bruised flesh. Lori, a real life nurse, has on many occasions practiced her skills on bruised and broken dirtriders, consoled them and made their predicament somehow seem much more bearable... she was a busy gal at this year's event 

there could have been 352 awards, as one and all made contributions to this unique and rewarding week of fun and merri-making...

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Sorry to intrude, but my best buddy Blue Thunder deserves a special award for being the resident EMT for the 3 days we were there. It seems Jason was always happily helping the injured, that is just his way.

Humanitarian Award and All Around Nice Fella :

Jason "Blue Thunder" Stevens...he makes the KCRiders proud, great riding bud and great friend

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I'll second the motion made by CR Swade.  Jason took a look at my collarbone and said - "Yep, it is broke".  Seriously, I DO appreciate his advice that it was OK to wait until I got home to get medical attention.  Thanks Jason!!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Thanks for posting all the "special awards" Pokie, I always enjoy that part of the Awards Ceremony!

And Yep, Jason is Da Man!!

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
I thanked Jason in another thread, but I will do it here too! THANK YOU for all your help with the injured this year! You were amazing!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Pokie, Okie, or someone:

Could you please sticky all of the results threads to the top of the forum?  I'm going to need to refer back to them a lot and that will make it a lot easier for them to be found.

Thanks,

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
perfect, special awards, i need a java tutor and get sent to the room with a big "special needs" sign over the door! that's it damn it, i'm grabbing my snoopy lunch box and gonna go wait on the curb for the little bus.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Congratulations all! You definetely deserve it!

Top Bottom