KX - 18

RM - 6

KTM - 52

YZ - 34
YZF - 27
TTR - 5
WR - 10

GG 4

noteworthy: many more "f"s and big jump in KTM bikes....than last year.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Race participation was much better this year, but TEAM RACES were preferred:

Team Hare Scramble: 53 teams of 2 riders = 106 riders ; the expanded and more challenging woods area was a big factor

Tag Team MX : 18 teams of 5 riders - 90 riders

C-class was surprisingly small with19 riders; C-class was much bigger at the Casey, IL, dirtweeks...

B-class had over 50 signed up; after running two qualifiers only 16 competed in the final moto.....

Ladies: missing a couple of competitors (Aimee and Natalie) from last year; the dual between Nikki and Blackhawk did not take place as hoped.... but Blackhaw rode from dead last (late at the gate) to fourth in first lap and to second by the end of the moto. More "B" gals need to be encouraged to show off ...

A and Pro: Coop brought a couple of buddies. Doug and Coop traded leads inthe first moto; Doug provided excitement in the second moto with a wipe out and then turning some hellacious laps....

Bikes with lights: so many woods riders but few tackle the big MX track.... do MXers ride the trails?... I rode the Poker run once just to get a feel for "trees": too close for my comfort!

Kids: very promising as we had to divide them into three skill levels... 28 kids competing !

Looks like about 60% (220 individuals) of the atttendees participated in one event or another. We need to find ways to increase the participation to 80-90%.. (yes, may be more competition for the pusilanimous ones.. hey Sarge, you hear?)

Duration: about 220 members spent 4 days or more at Dirtweek...

Race Numbers: about 220 used a race number on their bike; conflicting numbers make identification after a race harder!

Nicknames: about 248 declared a nickname/screen name, although many more use one or more nicknames casually: we need to record and cross-reference all nicknames as it is hard to identify someone after a race if we cannot tie together the race numbers, nickname and last name... especially if they are to receive a trophy or plaque...

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by Pokie
So who rode in the most events?

Mick probably KTM # 72
Poker run, team MX, Nite poker run, team HS, Solo HS, 2 MX RACES. hE WOULD HAVE RODE A MINI RACE IF HE HAD ONE.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
It seemed as though there were a lot of KTM's there. Your data proves it. Must be something to them, I guess.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
There were at least 30 woods guys signed up for the bike with lights class.

Half of them (including defending champ Paddy) bailed out before the gate dropped. What a bunch of wussies. :moon:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
C-class was surprisingly small with19 riders

That's because the ones that shouldnt of been there last year stepped up and moved to "B" class. Then there are the others like me learned last year that we dont belong on a track for a race. ;)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I was signed up for the bikes-with-lights race but Okie asked us at the morning meeting to enter one class only. I chose the MX C race and didn't race any others.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by RV6junkie
I was signed up for the bikes-with-lights race but Okie asked us at the morning meeting to enter one class only. I chose the MX C race and didn't race any others.
Me too.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
There were at least 30 woods guys signed up for the bike with lights class.

Half of them (including defending champ Paddy) bailed out before the gate dropped. What a bunch of wussies. :moon:

Paddy rode the race.  He and I diced in the back of the pack for a while.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I did the poker run and the tag team mx. I was to tired for the MX races come Sat. Besides one of my fork seals was leaking like the Exxon Valdez. Not even a pep talk from Bswift to pull of the forks and have the seals replaced bright and early Sat morning could motivate me. The tag team mx was a hoot even though my team finished 16th! Maybe next year we could add a tag team event and pair two gals and two guys together?

A lot of KTM's for sure, but I only recall seeing 2 SX's not counting Coops clan. Don't recall seeing any 03 KX's either. :think:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Originally posted by RV6junkie

I think Okie meant classes of MX: if you qualify for A, you should not also race in B or C. But you could race Bikes w/Lights, Old Timers and MX-B for instance, as well as Tag Team, HS etc.... the message is: compete at your own level in fairness to the lesser talents....................... if we had different classes of HS, this principle would apply there as well. .....  as it does by the way for the kids where we had 3 classes and the two classes of women's MX. sorry if you did not get your fill of racing...

if I'm wrong he'll correct me soon enough.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
question to those who raced C-class at dirtweek 2000 and 2001 where we had to run qualifiers due the number of riders: is the Cooperland MX track more/much more intimidating? (it is to me; besides I preferred the GP track at Casey anyway...)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Maybe we can dump a few mounds of sand in that huge field at Cooperland and make an awesome gp track.

I was watching the truck track races, could call it truck gp or truck mx, on speed, and man, those tracks would be cool for dirt bikes, long fast straights, sweeping corners, and huge jumps everyone could jump - yeah a GP track at cooperland would be nice. I remember riding the gp track at Casey and wasn't intimidated at all, and that on my 300 pound DRZ400S. I am scared of breaking my lil Pampera :eek:

Top Bottom