hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Dwreck, I may be in OK the weekend of the 15th. Would you be able to show a couple of friends and I around the 500? These plans are still tentative but should be pretty firm.

Thanks
Harley

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
The weekend of the 15th is good for me. Come on up. :thumb: Derek

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
WooHOoo! Call me too!

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Dwreck, My buddy and I are in for the 15th we will spend Fri night at Carl Blackwell BSing and what not. If you want stop by (I can give you directions). Just let me know how to get to the 500 and what time to meet you there.

Thanks
Harley

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Cool, I know where the lake campgrounds are, its not that big. I might swing by Friday night and hang out for a while. We can either meet at the Conoco on that corner of town Saturday morning and you can follow me or I will give you directions, its pretty easy to find. The 500 require a $25 permit that is good for a year. The way it was explained to me you can put another rider down for no additional fee but they have to be with you in order to get in. You might have to convince them that the two of you are intimately involved but that shouldn't be a problem for you. :laugh: BSwift might be able to E-mail you a form or I can bring one and you can just fill it out Friday or Saturday. Later, Derek

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Intimately involved huh??? We are not actually at the campgrounds.

About .5 to .75 miles east of the Main Lake entrance there is a road that appears to lead into a neighborhood to the North (on the southside there is an old Gas station that had been convered into a dance hall or something). Anyway if you take that road around the neighborhood it will turn into gravel follow it down a little and you will see an entrance to lighthouse point. That is where my parents place is. If you plan on coming out give me a call and I can give you further instructions.

Thanks
Harley

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Lee, the 500 is SW of Stillwater. It is actually called The Stillwater Parks and Recreation Motorcycle Park. $25/yr/family.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Yep, Jeff and I are. We got a little rain last night, nothing much. The latest forecast that I have seen shows a good chance of it from tonight thru tomorrow night. Maybe we will get just enough to knock down the dust. Keep your fingers crossed. Brian, are you going to be able to make it?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Lorin said:
I could probably make it on the 16th.
I'm planning on being there both days. Come on up.

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Dwreck, Are you going to meet up with us at the lake on Friday? Or should I plan on meeting up with you at the conoco? If its the gas station just let me know where it is and what time to be there.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
hlguthery said:
Dwreck, Are you going to meet up with us at the lake on Friday? Or should I plan on meeting up with you at the conoco? If its the gas station just let me know where it is and what time to be there.

Right now Jeff and I are planning on meeting you at the lake. Maybe 8pm on Friday. Then we can meet at the Conoco at 8 the next morning. It is on the corner of Highway 51 and Country Club. (The first light when you come into town) If that sounds OK with you I will just call you tomorrow evening when we are ready to head out to the lake.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
How much rain did Stillwater get today?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
BSWIFT said:
How much rain did Stillwater get today?

2/10 of an inch.

Jeff rode on Thursday and said he didn't even need to wash his bike. The rain we got yesterday should be just enough to knock down the dust and the cooler temperatures ought to make for two days of perfect riding conditions. :yeehaw:

COME ON OUT! 8- 8:30 am Saturday and Sunday.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
hlguthery said:
Hey guys I had a great time thanks for showing us around.

Anytime. Glad you enjoyed it. Too bad your rear tire didn't make it through the last loop. Maybe it got damaged in the crash in the back of the truck. :)

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Yeah possibly. I really think the bike just got tired and decided to lay down for a minute in back of the truck. I am pretty sure Jeff popped my tire when he ran over my bike as it lay on it side.lol

Actually I think it got a little crap in the valve stem. I went to air it up (after replacing it) and the valve was stuck I squirted a little WD40 in there and let it set then it aired right up. And did not seem to lose any. OH well.

THanks Again.

Top Bottom