RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
There has been some interest in another ride at Paragon and the 7th and 8th seem to be good dates. Anyone interested? We hope to have the Canadians show up as well as some folks from the mid west.

TreeJumper will be there and is looking for a good spanking :laugh:

I'll be there just one day but I haven't decided which one yet.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
The 7th works for me. I think I'll camp on Friday night if anyone is interested.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Not sure if i will ride both days or not til time gets closer. Most likely i will arrive saturday, camp, then ride sunday morning. An yes, i'm looking for a spanking but not the type Offroad Warrior and Eugene gave me last time! I think i'm still sore from that ride. :)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I will be there at least for teh 7th...not sure about Sunday yet

jaschul

Jun 11, 2004
can someone post info about Paragon and other places to ride in PA. I am a new rider with 2 sons also new. Looking to ride in Southeastern PA. Any info on Eastern PA locations would be great.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
OK what happened to this ride? Are we still on for August 7-8?
I am recovering from a broken foot once again...but this time it was a lot worse, and I was back on teh bike for the firsat time this past weekend, so I am looking forward to a good ride, since I will be taking it easy for another month or so, since my doctor would kill me if he knew I was back on teh bike already.

And just to let anybody know who is planning on going that Saturday,l the 7th, is the last day of the Jeep Jamboree at Paragon. The park will still be open to dirtbikes, but there will be lots of jeeps on the trails too.....but I'm sure they couldn't get to some of the trails we want any way.

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Looks like I miss another one as I have no transportation. Damn I hate it when that happens :bang:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
what do you mean no transportation...you have the dirtbike don't you.....

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
No means to transport bike. Traded truck for SUV. Have not had the $ to get a trailer yet :(

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
why do you need a way to transport the bike though...the bike has a motor and 2 wheels. I'm sure you can find some trails that take you from NY to Pa :aj:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I haven't posted on this because I will be out of town on business that week and may not be back in time. I really want to come down but it's iffy at this point.

eugeneorange

May 5, 2003
Sorry to do this to you guys, but the Crazy Czech (Slovak) is out. For the rest of the season. :ugg: :ugg: :ugg:
About a month ago I wiped out during a dual sport ride (SJER). Wasn’t a high-speed face plant, nothing crazy—pretty ordinary encounter with gravity, actually—but the combination of the position of the bike, tree and me wasn’t very favorable. I sustained a pretty serious knee injury, lots of ligament, meniscus and some bone damage. That tends to happen when your knee bends the wrong way. Can you say “ k n e e b r a c e s ”? They have always been on the list of things to get, but now they quickly moved up to the top of that list. I wore a pretty decent set of brace-like knee guards, but apparently, it wasn’t enough.
Crutches are a pain in the ass to get used to. My hands are all blistered up, I’ve got to put some nice meaty dirtbike grips on them. I f....d up my summer pretty good (and the whole riding season). But I guess I’d be more upset if it happened walking down the stairs on the subway or something.

You guys have fun, and watch out for those moving trees and rocks!

Scooter, sorry to hear about your foot. Get well soon!

eugeneorange

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man Eugene, that doesn't sound good :( I hope you have a full recovery.

At least now I don't have to feel guilty for not wanting to follow you down some god forsaken trail :ohmy:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
**Note to self~~~~Stop putting off buying those knee braces**

Sorry to hear about your knee Eugene. It doesn't sound like you'll be back on teh bike any time soon, But I'll be looking forward to seeing you for next springs ride....I didn't say I'd follow you, but I can laugh at the people who do :laugh:

My foots healing up pretty good, its been almost 5 weeks, and there is just a little bit of swelling left, and I can't stay on my feet for any length of time, but theres no way that will keep me off the bike. It doesn't look like the turnb out will be too big for the 7-8, but I will be there at least for the 7th.

Those of you who took the safety course at teh last ride, remember to bring your card with you that shows you took it, and for anybody who wasn't at the last ride and plans on going in August, you might wanna get there about a half hour earlier if you plan on taking the course. Its not mandatory for everybody, but if you don't take it, you have to be riding with somebody who did.
:ride:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Hey Eugene! That sucks but it sounds like it could of been worse. Heal up and we'll see you in the spring. I'm looking forward to another trip into the deep dark parts of Paragon again. I might of balled and whined like a little girl while doing it but am happy that i "did" do it unlike some people. :nener: On top of it all it made me a better rider for doing it. Now i see these sections locally that i thought were tough and i blaze right through them.

Dan, glad to hear the foots feeling better. My mom thinks she just broke hers. Guess they'll findout when she gets it xrayed.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
you know its interesting but when I go back a few posts in this same thread, I see this...
Treejumper said:
An yes, i'm looking for a spanking but not the type Offroad Warrior and Eugene gave me last time! I think i'm still sore from that ride. :)
And now I see this.....
Treejumper said:
I'm looking forward to another trip into the deep dark parts of Paragon again. I might of balled and whined like a little girl while doing it but am happy that i "did" do it unlike some people. :nener:
Don't worry Chucke, I will make sure I map out a good ride for Eugene to take you on in the spring :aj:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Hey, remember i'm getting old so i forget things easily. Even if it was only a month and a half ago. :)

gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
You guys have to ride with Eugene more than once a year. Thats all we ride when there. People wonder why I walk funny for a few days after ridding. They think we just go ridding around in the dirt. HA HA HA. I wish I could make this ride but after moving down to VA the drive starts to get a little long. Hope to run into some of you soon though.
Steven

ay2000rm125

May 4, 2004
jaschul said:
can someone post info about Paragon and other places to ride in PA. I am a new rider with 2 sons also new. Looking to ride in Southeastern PA. Any info on Eastern PA locations would be great.

hey, jaschul, what part of pa. im also from, well kind of SE PA. westchester area to be exact. i ride at bluediamond park in delaware. its like 35 mins from me. and i am looking to go to NJORVP in jersey, which is more like an hour and 45 mins away. i

rivers461

Jul 26, 2004
Thanks for the invite Dan, I'll look for you up there on Aug. 8.
I should have my rocket rebuilt by then.
My $8 seal replacement resulted in a broken clutch basket :-(

Mental note; Buy the right tools next time.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
No invites are needed, everybody is welcome to join us. Not sure if I will be tehre for the 8th, but I will definitely be there the 7th. Just not sure if my foot can handle 2 days of riding yet, its still a little sore.
Now I should probably know this and will probably feel stupiud for asking, but the name "rivers461" doesn't sound familliar to me

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Damn, I really hope I can make it on Saturday but it isn't lookin' good. You guys have fun :)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Well it looks like we only have 2 or 3 people for this ride, so maybe plans should start for a ride in a month or so when we can hopefully get a few more people out :-)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It looks like I can now make it Saturday. Are we still on? I'm not 100% on but pretty close to it.

Top Bottom