DYDR introduces Farmer John to East coast trail riding at Paragon, 8/5-6

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Farmer John is coming from California and wants to ride some East coast trails. We are always looking for a good reason to have a group ride and this defiantly fits the bill! :)

John plans on being available to ride Friday (the 5th) all day as well as Saturday and maybe even Sunday if we don’t beat him up too much :ohmy:

I will be at Paragon by 8:30- 9:00 Friday morning to ride all day, camping at Red Ridge Friday and then riding most of the day Saturday. If everyone will post what days they plan on camping over I will make arrangements again in our regular spot. (John, If you need water and electric hook up let me know. Our spot has none but it is available.)

Let’s see how many people we can round up :yeehaw:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Arrive friday night at red ridge and ride all saturday, then more than likely heading out sat night again after i get cleaned up.

2 def with my group, maybe more just not positive yet

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Should be able to pull off the friday and saturday ride and head out on sunday morning again.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
WOW at least you decided not to plan this one on the weekend of Broome-Tioga,,,I gotta get to at least 1 race this year :nener: SAturday and Sunday are good for me, not sure if I can do the Friaday that particular weekend.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
scooter1130 said:
WOW at least you decided not to plan this one on the weekend of Broome-Tioga,,,I gotta get to at least 1 race this year :nener: SAturday and Sunday are good for me, not sure if I can do the Friaday that particular weekend.
Just think of it as me saving you from the evils of Southwick :ahhh:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Time to put another spankin' down on Nancy!
Try not to run over any sticks this time.
:nener: :laugh:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rooster and I are in to camp Friday and Saturday night. We'll ride all day Saturday and 1/2 day on Sunday, just like last time!

WOOHOO! I'm going to need this after the wedding!

And I AM NOT bringing my flip flops this time! :)

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
:cool: :cool:

I will be spending the week between the enduro & this ride with my relatives (reason I live in CA) in Muncy/Hughesville area of PA, so if anyone is in that area & would like to meet for lunch/dinner, let me know.
I will be e-mailing a few of you my cell phone # in the next week or so.
Hopefully the humidity will not cause me to melt too much. My wife is from Hong Kong which has crazy humidity, so she will be fine, my kids have never had to deal with it before, though.....

I will be in a silver crew cab F350 towing a 16' FunRunner trailer. I'm bringing my CR250 & my son's KLX110.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Just as a note... Paragon is having their jeep jamboree on the 5-6. The park is still opened for bikes and atvs, but there will be a lot of jeeps in the park also. And the 7th is their monthly ride, so again there will be a lot of trucks. it wont affect this ride, just wanted to let you know the park may be busier than normal, but its big enough that we may never see them. Just another reason to stay on teh single track :nod:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
scooter1130 said:
Just as a note... Paragon is having their jeep jamboree on the 5-6. The park is still opened for bikes and atvs, but there will be a lot of jeeps in the park also. And the 7th is their monthly ride, so again there will be a lot of trucks. it wont affect this ride, just wanted to let you know the park may be busier than normal, but its big enough that we may never see them. Just another reason to stay on teh single track :nod:
Thanks for checking on that Dan. Like you said it won't be a problem, been there, done that :nod:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Hey this sounds like fun ! Im interested ! Just to bring me up to speed on Paragon guys (I havnt been there in three yrs) At that time there was talk that Paragon might be up-grading their facility with camping areas, MX track, and better parking area. Can someone fill me in on the changes? (ok, I havnt been paying attention for a while) I been too busy riding MX with the overthehill crew. :( :ride:
This date is open for me and Id love to attend!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Shaw520 said:
At that time there was talk that Paragon might be up-grading their facility with camping areas!
Nope
Shaw520 said:
Ah, no on that
Shaw520 said:
better parking area.
Same mud put, or dust storm, depending on the day.

But I think there are more rocks on some of the trails :)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
uhh.... where you been captain obvious :moon: , Paragon does have camping. Its primitive camping right now, but they did dig a well in the area recently, so it will eventually have water and electric. As for the MX tracks, they are still in the works with a few legal items that need to be taken care of before they can start working on them. Parking is still not great, but much better than it was 3 years ago. They do not get the rivers and ponds in the parking area after a heavy rain like they used to.

And yes you were right, there are more rocks :laugh:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Looks like WayneO might make this ride too :) and now Shaw too, this will be a great ride!!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
RM_guy said:
Looks like WayneO might make this ride too :) and now Shaw too, this will be a great ride!!

No way! WayneO, Shaw, AND Wussrider all at Paragon on the same day? Someone alert the media-- I think Armageddon is coming! :laugh:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Im in. I should be able to ride Friday but may not come up that early. Maybe I can meet you around lunch. Or maybe Ill just come up and camp Friday and ride Sat and Sun too. Ill see how it goes at it gets closer.

brpray

Dec 5, 2004
Hi Guys,

Lets go for it again, this time I hope the pig wont overheat, going to try it out this weekend, long story on how it was overheating, anyway count me and my buddy in maybe a friday night as well as the sat.
look forward to seeing you all again

Ray

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Ray! I'm looking forward to the story on whay it was overheating...no excuses this time :debil:

Glad you can make it!

ogri

Jun 6, 2005
I'll be joining you guys again! I'll be coming up Fri night and riding Sat morning - what time will the meet-up be on Sat?

I've re-geared the 520EXC to the recommended 12/52 (from 14/48!) so I should have an easier time?!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
We'll try to hit the trail by 10:00 Saturday morning. Get there early though because of the Jeep Jamboree it will be crowded.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
We'll try to hit the trail by 10:00 Saturday morning. Get there early though because of the Jeep Jamboree it will be crowded.
actually your better off to get there between 9-10 since the jeeps usually hit the trails by 9. it will be less of a hassle after they go out.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm shooting for a Thursday night arrival riding Friday and Saturday leave either Sat night or Sun morning. I'll probably have Dave in tow possibly one of his friends too.

Top Bottom