DYDR Paragon Fall Ride & Trail work

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Heres my thoughts for a fall ride at Paragon. I am looking for some people to help with trail marking and reuilding a bridge to add another section of single track. Anybody who helps with trail work gets a free pass to the park also. I talked with a few people at the last ride, and it seems like the second weekend in November 11/12-11/13 might be a good time. That also leaves the Friday 11/11 as Veterans day when some people will be off from work to make it a 3 day ride.
For anybody interested in helping, I figure we could do trail work on Friday, which would give those people a free pass for Saturday to get some riding in, as well as whoever wanted to ride Sunday.
Let me know your thoughts, or if the weekend doesn't work, what would be a good weekend. Also let me know who is interested in working on the trails. The trail work will definitely make future rides better.

Draybob

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
Sounds good to me. I wasn't able to make it to the Farmer John ride since funds are a little tight for me right now. After reading some of the short ride reports I'm really sorry I missed it. The "work for play" program sounds like just the ticket for my particular situation.

I'd even be willing to meet up with you before then for some work if you would like to get on some of it. The only time I'm not available is from August 25 - September 9 since my parents will be out from Wyoming for a visit. Just let me know if you could use me anytime before then. I have tools and know how to use them.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Wont it be pretty friggin cold up there around that time? I would like to camp but that just seems like a very cold time, i guess we will see when the time gets closer

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Sorry Dan, but that weekend wont work for me. The kids have a long weekend (NJ In-Service) and we will be visiting the big mouse in FL.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
sick 96 250 said:
Wont it be pretty friggin cold up there around that time? I would like to camp but that just seems like a very cold time, i guess we will see when the time gets closer

Ohhhh don't worry I have a feeling youll stay plenty warm :p

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
cold? I said November, not January. Novemeber is great riding weather at Paragon. And thats why you have a campfier at night when it gets a little chilly.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
ok ok, i was just curious, i'm not a weatherman so I didnt know how cold it would get :laugh: Especially up north from where i am at so i thought i would ask. Scooter, hows the Video from sat looking? :bang:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
havent even had a chance to look at any of the video yet

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Would love to make it this time around...but it ain't gonna happen.

Payin' a visit to the in-laws in New Mexico for Turkey Day, so that's going to eat up the cash flow for the month of November.

Unless someone wants to buy our gas as Squeaky's birthday present ;)

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Well I'll say this.. You can pretty much COUNT ME IN!

As for the fall up here, you don't get a better time of the year to ride or to be outdoors. Is it chily? Yes, but in a perfectly "cool" kind of way. Not to mention the folliage! AWESOME!

I just can't wait that long unti my next ride up there, so I'll be coming up sooner for certain!

Draybob

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
Does anyone have a copy of the trail map with the single track outlined? I'm going to be coming up with one of my sons next weekend and would like a map of that so I don't have to rely on memory. Everytime I've been up there before I've just followed whoever was leading the group.

If so, could you e-mail (<- click) it to me please?!

MUSCLEHEAD

Aug 6, 2005
I'm game as long as my wife doesn't add our newest addition that week!!! :yikes: It will be # 4 due the middle of November.

Anyway I don't live but an hour from there so I could drive up Friday help, cruise home and come back up Sat morning! :cool:
Do we get to play with chainsaws? :laugh: :laugh:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
MUSCLEHEAD said:
Do we get to play with chainsaws? :laugh: :laugh:

actually there are still a few trails that could use a chainsaw, so if you have one that you can carry on teh bike, bring it along :nod: ......just dont have it running and swinging it around at people as you ride by them :yikes:

Draybob

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
Scooter, are you still looking at doing the bridge work that weekend? If so, how big a bridge are you looking at? If I could easily get my Jeep Cherokee in there I could always bring a generator and a skilsaw to make things easier. Let me know if this would be a help.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
still hoping to do it, but no need for a generator. I've got a full dewalt cordless set with everything needed and extra batteries.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Hey Scoots. I do have a problem here. WE bring the tools and WE supply the fuel for the tools. WE pay for the fuel to get to Paragon in our vehicles. We do the work which I am sure is not easy, thats why they are having US do it. What do we get? A free pass to ride there for one day? They charge us $30 bucks to ride there and they give us a lousy one day pass? Thats ridiculous! It will cost me $15 to get there and back and I am one of the closer DRN'ers to Paragon. What if you get hurt up there working? Are they going to compensate us? Yeah right! What would it cost them to have a crew come in and build a bridge? THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS!! And they give US a free day pass worth $30? Thats ridiculous!! How many rides have we held up there now and how much money did they make off of us and in the future? Just my $.02 worth of venting.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Trigger1911 said:
WE bring the tools and WE supply the fuel for the tools. WE pay for the fuel to get to Paragon in our vehicles. We do the work which I am sure is not easy,

Building this bridge was my idea. Its a small bridge, and not a big job to build, It is only about 3-4 feet of the ground. 3 guys could probably do this in an hour. Paragon would supply all the tools and material need to do the job also. Paragon never asked for help with this, I was just looking to add another section of trail. When I asked Kyle if I could rebuild the bridge thats there, he told me all they require is that it has some kind of railings on it.

Trigger1911 said:
It will cost me $15 to get there and back and I am one of the closer DRN'ers to Paragon.

I was asking this of people who might want to ride that weekend anyway, meaning they would already be using the gas to get there.

Trigger1911 said:
What do we get? A free pass to ride there for one day? They charge us $30 bucks to ride there and they give us a lousy one day pass?

They do not charge you on the day that you do trail maintainance, and they give you one other days pass.

Trigger1911 said:
How many rides have we held up there now and how much money did they make off of us and in the future?

And for most of those rides, DRN members have received a discount and paid $20 a day to ride.

I was only asking if anyone was interested in helping.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Sorry Scoots! I did not realize it was you who decided to build the bridge and not Paragon. I would be more than happy to help if we can figure out a time and place that meets my work schedule. Let me know. (My foot does pretty bad right now!)

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Can a quad fit on the trail to where you want the bridge? I have a chainsaw and any other tool we might need.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Yes a quad can fit up to the bridge. I am still undecided if I will make the bridge itself for quads and bikes, or just for bikes. The more I think about it, it will probably be just for bikes.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hi, Dan
Just wanted to THANK YOU for putting up thoses markers on some of the single track. You did a fine job of it. Sure hope you have the time and desire to finish the job it will help us new guys that go out there a lot in finding the good stuff.

Thanks again

Gordon

Top Bottom