DYDR Paragon Fall Ride & Trail work

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
As I was hooking up the camper, I got a phone call on my cell. Here is the transcript.

*ring*
Hello?
Hey Keith, it's Dave.
Wassup?
Are you outside right now
Yup, just finishing up hooking up the camper
Dude, it's frickin cold out there. How much is a hotel room again
Hotel? 'bout 60$
60 is pretty cheap split two ways
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you this. Remember the heater I was going to get? Well, Dave. . . I never got it.
NO HEATER?!!! I'll do what you want, but I'm seriously thinking hotel right now.

and so it went for 10 minutes. In the end, it looks like Davina the skirtboy is afraid of frostbite, and we will be getting a hotel room for Friday night.
Guess I'll unhook the camper now :(

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Damn your boss sucks to make you work and miss riding. I'm self employed also, and I just tell my boss to leave me alone..I'm going riding :laugh:

Anyway sorry to hear you wont make it, and maybe we'll sede you next time around for the spring ride.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
I will be up before 9Am sunday. For those of you who camped last night it was 26 degrees here in Allentown this mornign. You are NUTS!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Another great weekend. I only took a few pictures, and I jsut posted them for anybody interested. I know Nathan wanted to see the picture of himself doing the wheelie up the hill, I think he took lessons from DaveRS on how to climb a hill. click here

I'm sure somebody will post a ride report soon, but i am too tired right now. But at least I didnt have to shower when I got home, since I took a bath just before we headed back to the trucks. I'm sure the rumors and the doctored photos of that will emerge shortly.... just dont believe the rumors, I was only trying to clean the bike, and decided to clean my gear while I was at it.

And thanks again to those of you who helped out on Friday with clearing some trails.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
A great weekend indeed! Friday got a bit chilly, but certainly survivable. Heck, they even let me use a chainsaw :). A big thanks again to scooter for setting the whole deal with Paragon up. I'm hoping we will have some sort of spring trail clearing party. We should plan on splitting up into smaller groups if we do that.

Saturday's weather was awesome. We really couldn't have asked for better.

Dave, who can't seem to leave Paragon in one piece managed to crash within the first 100 yards of trail. No serious damage, His bike took the worst of it.

All in all an awesome day of riding. Also, I'd like to thank Dan for the grand finale on the last run :). I didn't get any pictures of you when you were laying in the puddle, but I got a few of you pushing your bike out. Considering that you laid the bike pipe down in the water. I was impressed when it fired right up.

Attachments

• scooterswimming.jpg
    scooterswimming.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Great pictues Scooter, is that in fact the same spot DaveRS got his picture taken? Great ride. Had fun clearing the trails with the crew, it was nice to have so many people, we do need to split into teams next time I think like PK said. Oh yeah, thanks for the pizza Scooter! Friday night was plenty cold, there was Ice in the AM, It got cold in the van but I finally went all out and crawled into the mummy back. After that I was warm except for my face :yikes: .
Had a nice AM session on Saturday with everyone. We ran into an old DRN buddy in the lot, Wayneo! We suited up and headed out. We split up at lunch time and I went with DaveRS and his buds to see the sites. We all missed Dave flip his quad on himself and get pinned under it, in a stanky black mcuk puddle! He was on the end of the group and manged to free himself before we got back to him. We met back up with the rest of the group and hit some trail on our way back to call it a day.
I met up with Trigger, Bruce, and Mike on Sunday AM. The 4 of us headed out and I found a crazy impossible rock downhill right out of the parking area. I think it said #4 bypass? That warmed us up. We all left some scuffs on those rocks! I decided not to lead any more that day...... Once we were down there we were obviously not going back up. We slugged it our in the rocky rooty muddy valley untill we got out to more open trails. We rode briskly as the 4 of us were all moving well. We climbed Howie hill and toiled on the rocks on the top of the hill before finding the "trail" again. We hit some more trail and started to make our way back . Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Trigger slow motioned in the quick sand right in front of me, into the mud, off a rock and on his butt!!! I was grasious enough not to take a picture (because I couldnt get the camera out fast enough) and he was gracious enough not to roost me with his mamoth TerraFlex on his way out of the soupy sand. We tore up Turttle with no jam ups this time! Headed over to the play area for a bit and moved to the parking area around noon to say our farewells and head out.
Great weekend and I dont think anyone got hurt or broke a bike to bad. My wrist is a bit sore but I think I might have dropped a branch on it on Friday or someting. The WR needs some $$$ though. Right fork seal is blone out bad and the tires are practicly slicks and act like it as soon as they hit water or hard pack mud. Saturday on Turttle I was trying to pass a jeep on an off camber berm on Turttle and the back just slid down into the front wheel of the jeep :yikes: . Luckly my tire stopped on his and I was able to brace my hand on his hood to keep me and the bike from just landing on him!
Ill try to get my pictures loaded up soon. Here are a few NON doctored for you though, LOL.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Although the ride was short, it was fun. Rode the morning withJason and Mike, Met Bruce, aka Bneide, and hit the trails Found out that my new Teraflex tire seems to shoot the bike in the direction it wantsd to, not the way I want o go. This tire is insane! To everyone, thanks again for the memories and I will see you in spring.

Trigger, out..............

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
sorry we missed you Trigger. You always ad a special element to any gathering :). In your absense on Saturday, Dan took up the slack and went puddle diving :D

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Was a great weekend for riding-- sorry we couldn't make it. Had too much to get done around the house, and I didn't have my bike fixed from it's last Paragon trip. New clutch cover was put on yesterday, so it's good to go now...

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
You two were missed :(
I guess we will see you in the spring.

I've put some pictures up in my gallery from the ride.

Draybob

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
I've been trying to write up a ride report for a day now and nothing comes out right. I guess the highlight for me was the time I was able to spend with my son there. A big thanks to all of you guys for making it a very fun and memorable time for him. Great pics! Now he has pictures to go with all the stories he wants to tell everyone.

PK, when you had him lead the group first thing Saturday morning, you made his day! Thanks to the rest of you for being patient and waiting up for the kid and making him feel like part of the group. I can't tell you the impact that made on him.

He can't wait to go back and get better on those single tracks and hill climbs. I can't wait to take him and work on it with him. We've got all winter to get the bikes prepared properly now and we'll be anxious to get going next spring!

I personally enjoyed to work day aspect. It's nice to be able to contribute to the development of an area so that everyone can have more space to play in. Anytime you need something like that Scooter just let me know and if I'm available I'll be there. I'd be more than willing to help you out on that bridge when it's time also.

The only down side is that it was probably the last ride until spring for us. But it was great to go out on a high note!

ogri

Jun 6, 2005
Post ride

Thanks again for a great time guys, shame I had to pit-out a few hours early on Saturday though.

Fortunately I quickly found the reason my bike was being an S.O.B. and not stating easily or running well, was cos the positive lead had pulled out from the connector sometime after lunch on Saturday .... all fixed now!

Hopefully I'll see everyone again in the Spring - hopefully I'll have an easier bike to ride in the woods by then too. Anyone
with a CRF250 for sale, or wanting to upgrade to an EXC520
just let me know.

Thanks for the hospitality Dave and Keith - maybe we can arrange to go for a ride sometime.

Cheers,

Ogri (Matthew) :blah:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ogri, Mike, DaveRS's buddy was looking for a PNC bank on Saturday to buy your bike. He looked like a kid on christmass that just opend a pack of underwear when we got back to the parking area and you were gone :ahhh: . He has the RM 250. maybe pm DaveRS and he can hook you up since I dont have his #. Or just trade even up for my WR :laugh: . You will have to kick it since it has no E start, but hey, it starts waaaaay easier than the KTM did LOL :nener: . That thing made MY leg tired and thats saying someting! Oh yeah, and it will fly up the pipe of a CRF250 like an F-16 on a 747!
Are you looking for the CRFX 250? woods version? or the MX version?

bneide

Jun 22, 2005
Had a great time both days. Rode with Dave, Mike, John and Ken on Saturday morning. In the afternoon Jason joined us and we went exploring. Only serious event was when Dave almost drowned in a waterhole after the quad he was riding flipped on top of him after he fell off. It seemed funny but it could of been really serious. On Saturday night joined Dave, Mike and John for dinner and a discussion of quantum mechanics afterwards.
On Sunday met Trigger and Mike and Jason joined us for the morning ride. Jason took the lead and we went down a very rocky hill. Wasn't too bad except I chose a bad line and got sideways on a rock ledge. Took me a few minutes to get straightened out. After that things went well for me until we went up a hill and decided to stop after getting over the top. Only problem was when I tried to get started again I really struggled because I could not see the rocks or downwed branches because of all the leaves on the ground. I must of fell like three times in 50 yards. The last fall was witnessed by Trigger as I fell off the bike and went running down hill about forty feet before falling in a pile of rocks and leaves. I wish someone had a camera to capture that. After I caught my breath and got going again the rest of the morning went okay. We made our way up Turtle back to the play area and that concluded our day.
Had a great time meeting everyone. Anyone riding next week? I have some time off around Thanksgiving. Hope to see everyone again soon.

Bruce

njdrtrdr

Dec 10, 2002
Even though I only got up there on Friday, I had a great time with the riding and the trail work. I justlike being out inthe woods for the day. everyone was alot of fun to hang out with. I was super impressed by the young guy with us (I think his name was Nathan) at one point, I just looked at him and said "dude, you rock" He was riding excellent and it was nice to see him out doing some trail maintenance with us. The way I look at it is even though this is a pay to ride place, more riders means this place will have more business and stay open for many more years. There is so much potential up there for more trail that it's unreal.

I'm hoping to go up again sometime in the few days after thanksgiving.

Nick

Top Bottom