E-start, Parimeter Frame on a VOR?

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Another DRN member (TM-enduro) found this web page and passed it along to me.....looks really good so I passed it on to you folks....If anyone here can read Italian maybe you can expand what they are reporting........

Look on the enteries at the left hand side of this web page and there is a listing for new 2002 VOR's...click there and then at the bottom of that new page is a entery for potographs. Click on that to get a Bunch of great pictures as well as a picture of the VOR folks who bring these to us.

http://www.edisport.it/edisport/motociclismo/nhome.nsf
:)

Last edited:

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
WOW, if those are 2002 VOR's in the pics, do they ever look cool. Thats quite a redesign, from the bolt together frame to a nice new perimeter design.

FlyingFinn

Oct 25, 1999
Mika Ahola rode 2002 Vor Enduro in last Italian Enduro championship.
He said in interview, that he had learn to drive curves again.
Bike is much lighter, turns better and has huge power.
Like driving a very powerful two stroke..

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I can't read Italian, but there seems to be a blurb on E-Start in there. Please some one who can read Italian help! One picture has a case that looks different than mine up front.

Also it seems there will be a 250 option, a 450 option, and a 530 option.

Some models will have a oil pump as well. Think that is for the Super Motards. Not certain.

Notice the fuel tank extendes under the seat. Trying to lower the CG.

Looks like steeper geometry as well.

Different from brake rotor on some.

Different swing arm on some as well.

Different kick start to fit the frame.

Just trying to pick through the language barrier. Hopefully my dealer will have some insight.:D

I noticed they still had pictures of the old chassis. I wonder if it will continue. I like mine. It fits me. ItI bet my old chassis will go through deep water better as well. Saw a picture of a fuel tank addition replacing the rear fender. I Want one! That would allow me to do our Hare Scrambles with No pit stops.

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
A friend of mine was house sitting at a guys house awhile back and showed me some insane stuff. The guy that owned the house is the retired head designer of Nissan No. America. VOR approached him to design a street bike for them. My friend showed me sitting in his kitchen a hand made carbon fiber frame street bike that had the VOR 503 motor in it. The guy had 4 other motors just laying around. The entire bike was hand made and pretty much all composite except for obvious stuff like brakes and other easy to use parts. The guy hade made the frame and body work. This thing looked like a factory racing street bike with the VOR 503 stuffed in it. My friend said that the owner told him that VOR was experimenting with the idea of a street bike and asked him to make a proto type of one for them to look at. The owner of the house had the nicest personal garage I've ever seen with 2 lathes, 1 NC mill, english wheel, brake press, and all the other normal garage tools. My friend told me that this guy had bought a totaled Jag that was sitting in the drive and straightened the frame as well as made all the front body panels by hand with his english wheel in his garage!! I can only dream to have the skill this guy has acquired through a lifetime of design and engineering for Nissan!!

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
One of the engine photos shows what appears to be a battery post on an appendage in front of the crank. The posted weight in kg looks to be quite light. This bike may raise the bar (at least as far as limited production bikes go).

Top Bottom