Dtowncats

Apr 26, 2007
Well I bought the bike 2 weeks ago and it didn’t have a battery in it. I bought a battery and charged and installed it. Nothing happened when I pushed the button. So I ran a hot wire down to the starter and it turned over fine. Next I took apart the switch control. When I had it apart, I hit the button and it finally turned over and started up. So I put it back together and nothing. Now when I loosen the bolts for switch up and hit the button it works but not when they are completely tight. I also noticed it is turning over really slow. What is going on here guys? I don’t really need the e-start but it sure would be nice to have. Any advice or opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

Jan 3, 2007
Dtowncats, i have noticed how slow some of the 520s seem to start up. I find the best way to kick start is slow and steady. So, mabe thats the way most if not all the starters on that bike are supposed to do. As for the button, i would just iwre up a new one for what its worth.

Dtowncats

Apr 26, 2007
Well I can get it to kick over no problem. I always take it to TDC and then kick. I can usually get it within 3 tries if it is cold. Warm starting is a piece of cake. Only ever takes 1 kick. I am just puzzled with the e-start. It only bothers me because it is there and it’s supposed to work but it doesn’t.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
it sounds like the wires at the the E button are broken. also, check the sol. terminals for being clean, and tight. they rust up when they get washed alot.........

Top Bottom