LVMarc

Oct 11, 2001
I was just at four strokes only website looking for a skidplate for a cannondale. BUT, they say that france already has e-start WR or YZ and it may be a 2003 usa import. ALso they say that a conversion kit may come available for $999 to $1999. They are requesting interested parties to register with then to see if it is worth doing. I would not hesitate to buy a WR250 IF it was e-start!:scream: What can I say... Im lazy.

Is this really new, or is it some old link on there website that has been discussed here already? I dont know. I searched the forum and did not find any matches so I hope it is new.

--marc

jsmith811

Jun 21, 2000
No Way

No way I would pay 1000. Much less 2000 dollars for a button., malybe 299 or 399.00 Or might consider buying one with E-start installed from the factory. That's a ridiculous price.

Jekel

Dec 22, 2001
:scream: I saw the conversion for the price and it was over $2000. Way to much for a luxery. I can kick it for that. Also, my 400 startsway to easily to need electric start.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Yikes!

I remember seeing it a few months ago for $1400. Dont know if they raised the price :scream: The weight was somewhere around 12 lbs as well.

That link is about 4 months old.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
lvmarc, too bad you don't live in centeral ill, i'd ride with,and everytime your bike needs to be started, i'd do it for ya....at, hmm... lets say, 5 bucks a kick. that 999$ would buy alot of kicks.;) btw, i love the image of the 426 as being a hard starter and almost impossible restarter durring a race,that way when i dump it in last place, i can kick on it for a while, and have an excuse for my dnf:D funny tho, i really have no prob restarting when not racing.....:think

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Boy, sure do have to pay a bunch of money to make your bike heavier and have something else to maintain. I stalled my 426 half a dozen times last weekend running a tight muddy woods loop. One kick to restart using the hot start button. I sure never run into any problems starting the thing. It sat all week with temps in the low 30's and fired on the first kick this morning!

LVMarc

Oct 11, 2001
Maybe it will be a 2003 import to the USA. I did not say that these bikes were hard to start, I said I was Lazy!!;) I have been riding my wifes ttr-250 (electric start) and this weekend I had to ride my kicker dr350. All I could think of was a variation of Monty Python. "I see your silly knee bent kicking behavior" --in a thick french accent. I have been kicking motorcycles for almost 20 years and never gave it a second thought. Now that I have electric start I could never go back.:)

--marc

jsmith811

Jun 21, 2000
E-Start

As soon as I get my scanner working today, I'll post a New Ad I found in a recent dirbike magazine about a New E-start you can get for the YZ or WR for 799.00 That's still RIDICULOUS, but maybe some of you will want one, it looks OK in the picture. I'll just use my leg.

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
There also is a product review of the same thing in RacerX, it is from Pro Sorce and it's called the Pro Starter. It looks like a bolt on deal, some would gladly pay $799.00 for the e-start conversion.

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
Looks like a review to me, Scott Wallenberg rode the bike. If it were an add. they would have given there PH#, mabe there is still some R and D to do before they try and sell it.

mgorman

May 8, 2000
sfc crash,

I noticed the same thing. I can leave my XR250 upside down on a hill and it will run till I get to it. I fall over in a race and only momentarily stall it and it acts like it hates me and refuses to light up.

Hmmm. XR's aren't racers, maybe that's the problem....

For the price of that kicker you could buy a used bike.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom