FlyingBob

Jan 6, 2002
Here's one for all the "won't ride old Eagle Creek" racers. October 16, 2005

Eagle Creek puts on races monthly, no matter what the turnout. I've read about and talked with riders who haven't been there in years comment about the conditions. Where do they get their information? I've read about and talked with riders who say it's to gnarly. What do they want, S-tree level? I've read about and talked with guys who don't care for "old man Jim". Since when will you be going handlebar to handlebar with him? I've read about and talked with riders who complain about single line starts. Didn't find out if they won though. They didn't say and I didn't ask, why rub it in. Can you beat Marty Michaels? Can you beat Mike Monnig? Sign up for the 'A' class.

Here's a deal for you. If you haven't raced at Eagle Creek this year, and you win your class, except for the 'C' classes, I'll reimburse your entry fee. On the spot. Bring your buddies and they can have a chance at a set of new tires. How's that for a deal? I don't own the place. I don't promote the races. I ride there and I appreciate the fact that the Darlingtons give to the racers the only 'sanctioned AMA District 10' harescrambles in Kentucky. My only request is that you give an honest assessment. If you had ridden in half the races this year, you would have had a chance for a drum of VP race gas, which will be given away at the banquet. Best odds anywhere at this point.

You don't have to belong to District 10 to race, only to get district points. AMA card required.

Here's a quote from another racer.
"Thumbs up to Flying Bob!!!
He's right on target!
I've ridden all sorts of events in the past couple years, and I've have to say that the courses at Eagle Creek during 2005 have been just awesome. This as compared to GNCCs, MSHS (yes Saddleback), and such. He's run both sides of the course this year and has cut new trails, cleaned up old ones, and so forth . . . Very Nice!!

This is not a "cheap" or "easy" Sport . . . so if $40 bucks and rocks are too much for you then that is fine, just be careful not to give a place a bad name. I'm sure in the past ten years there have been times that the same trails were run and it wasn't marked well, but things have turned around in that regard . . . Some positive remarks would go a long way in terms of promotions!

Flyingbob has an offer on table that is quite attractive . . . Come give it a try!

http://annessky.net/echs/index.html

Thanks for the soapbox guys :ride:

CAVSCOUT96

Dec 12, 2004
SO how was it? I was stuck at home with a sick wife :(

Hope to make the Nov 13 Race.

Question: From Elizabethtown, is it better to go BGP to frankfurt then to Owenton, or should I go I65 to L'ville, and the 71?

Thanks
BM

Last edited:

KentuckyWR

Oct 9, 2005
I responded to you on ThumperTalk too . . . but hadn't thought of going up on 65 and 71. You will have to drive southeast nearly 20-25 miles off of 71 . . . BG Parkway would be less miles for sure . . .

The race at Eagle Creek was great! Sorry you missed it!
The course was very nice once again with probably 1-2 miles of brand new trail on the 7.5 mile course. 5 laps in 2 hours or so . . . Big Fun!!

See you next month!

CAVSCOUT96

Dec 12, 2004
Between TT and DR I have a hard time remembering where I was readining which posts?!?

I decided to post both places. Thanks for the directions, I'll definitely be there!!

BM

KentuckyWR

Oct 9, 2005
HS @ Eagle Creek, Owen County, Kentucky on March 16, 2006

Next scheduled race for Eagle Creek Hare Scrambles is on March 16th, 2006. The courses in 2005 were awesome. Watch this site for more info:

annessky.net/echs/

Top Bottom