mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
easy exhaust gasket question

I bought a new pc pipe & silencer and noticed that it had no oring/gasket for the pipe & silencer.

Can I just use the ones off of my old stock pipe/silencer? Also, is there supposed to be a gasket for the silencer where it connects to the pipe?

Lastly, I noticed that there is an FMF spring/gasket kit for sale online, and it comes with 2 springs and 2 gaskets for where the pipe connects to the engine. Would this fit on my pro circuit pipe?

Last edited:

BubZ

Jul 28, 2005
Should Work

I suspect that the old o-rings would work if you used a bit of RTV sealant. The pipe silencer junction does not have a gasket, once again a small bead of RTV will seal the deal.

The FMF kit will work and may be a good investment. I have always had good luck re-using the the exhaust o-rings, but the springs can get clapped out and cause some really crappy exhaust sounds that are hard to track down..... :bang:

BubZ

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
BubZ said:
I suspect that the old o-rings would work if you used a bit of RTV sealant. The pipe silencer junction does not have a gasket, once again a small bead of RTV will seal the deal.

The FMF kit will work and may be a good investment. I have always had good luck re-using the the exhaust o-rings, but the springs can get clapped out and cause some really crappy exhaust sounds that are hard to track down..... :bang:

BubZ

What is RTV sealant? And do I have to use it on the silencer/pipe junction?

I noticed that my old pipe has this round rubber tube that seems to seal the silencer to the pipe. Do I just take that off and put it on the new pipe/silencer? Do I have to use sealant with that?

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Sealant hardens when exposed to air.
RTV means "room temperature vulcanizing" and will harden or cure without a heat gun or other heat source.
With stands temps upto 500 degrees F
Can be found at most autoparts and hardware stores.

Top Bottom