Redrider

Nov 2, 1999
Hey guys,
I have noticed that our riding gang has dwindled from 8-10 riders down to two. My best friend and I are looking to hook up with other riders in East Kentucky to throw a little dirt. Give me a line and we will try to arrange something.
Have dirtbike will travel.

andym

Jun 3, 2000
I'm not in Kentucky but live 15 minutes from it. We ride Pine Mtn in Whitesburg, KY fairly often. Its a MX track if thats your riding style. If not I travel through KY to WV riding fairly often as well. Just how far east are you anyway? I'm always looking for more people to ride with.

Wanabe

Feb 6, 2001
Were else in KY do you guys ride? I can't ever seem to get much response out of people in IN and KY. I haven't been riding any deu to starting college in central IN. when we do go we go wouth of Lexington. I might be out that way about OCT. 7th

Redrider

Nov 2, 1999
Wannabe,
Give us a yell when you are by on October 7. (you to Andym). We are located in Knott county which is about one hour from the Virginia border. We don't ride much motocross. We trailride most of the time. My buddy and I are on a lease which allows us to ride an area known as Quicksand, which is approximately 10,000 acres of forests and creekbeds, hilllclimbs etc. If you are ever in the area give me a shout, also bring your buddies. The more the merrier. We have rode many 100 mile rides in a day and the only time we were on the same trail was when we looped back to fuel up.

andym

Jun 3, 2000
We're doing a ride at Hatfield-McCoy in mid-Oct that your welcome to join us on. If your interested let me know and I'll send you info as I get it.

If your offering to let us ride with you on the leased land, me and the guys are likely to take you up on that offer. We're always looking for places to ride and new people to ride with.

xr1man

Sep 3, 2001
Riding

Eastern Ky riding
Two PA riders headed for eastern KY, in Oct/Nov, to do some riding. Converted xr650 & ktm520 dual sport machines. Already have NF maps but are looking for the good single track. Any ideas?

Bisonhead
bison@paonline.com

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Indiana rider

Wanabe, Are you located near the Dugger,Linton area? If so,what is that place like? Regarding your post to Redrider, I have done quite a bit of riding in eastern and south eastern KY. and W.V. in the past year. I also talked with someone at a Honda dealer in Prestonburg about Quicksand. I have not made it there yet but the place sounds really good. I am always looking for someone to ride with or just exchange riding info. Pntnshoot@aol.com

Wanabe

Feb 6, 2001
I'm pretty far from Dugger, and I've never been there. Our usual Indiana spot it Lynnville. Lynnvile is an old coal mine which is similar to Dugger from what I've heard. It's down right off 64 towards Evansville.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
On the way back from DirtWeek, we stopped for diesel at exit 49 on I-75. There was a gas station there with a huge parking lot and a TON of riders screaming around the lot and off into the woods. I asked if it was a special event or a normal weekend. The guy I asked said it was normal and that there were hundreds of miles of trails there.

I picked up a flyer in the store that said:
If you have ever enjoyed the trails in the Livingston area, or ever plan to in the future, please join us for a yearly clean-up Oct 13th from 9:00 - 4:00 starting from the parking lot of the Shell gas station located at exit 49 on I-75 near Livingston, KY.
They are even giving away hundreds of dollars in prizes, including $500 to the team (2-10 person) who collects the most bags of trash.

They have more details at www.trailkeepers.org

Wanabe

Feb 6, 2001
HGL That is by far my favorite place to ride. An average weekend there is 200-300 people all year round. everybody around here knows aobut it. I am going to miss the clean up weekend by a week becuase I have to be back at school that weekend. The place is a mess up there and I've always wanted to go celan it up. people throw out trash and cut down all the trees along the trail for firewood. Someday it will be closed and it's to bad that people don't take better care of it. If anybody can make it go clean it up.

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Exit #49 riding ( 909 )

I went riding there back in April and May and they had already closed some large sections of trail. We have been there about 4-5 times. They need help cleaning up the parking and camping areas. The riding is usually very good. Mountain park is also very good. It is in Clay City. They have several 900-1000 ft. climbs. It is a beautiful place. Another trail that goes from Turkeyfoot campground to S-tree campground is a lot of fun. It is about 44 miles there and back. It is run by the DNR in the Danial Boone NF. It is free

Top Bottom